Coroner: Lafayette freshman's death was accidental
EASTON, Pa. - September 8, 2012 (WPVI) -- An autopsy has determined the death of a Lafayette College freshman found unresponsive after a night of drinking in May was due to acute ethanol intoxication.
The Northampton County Coroner's office released the results Friday in the death of 19-year-old Everett Glenn. Coroner Zachary Lysek has ruled the death accidental.
The teen was found dead in his dorm room at the Easton school on May 5. His mother has said he had been out drinking with friends.
After his death, the college began a review of its alcohol education and enforcement policies.
School spokesman Roger Clow says the campus continues to mourn the teen's loss and that plans are under way to honor his memory.
pennsylvania, college, northampton county, alcohol, local/state
- Skydiver in fatal South Jersey accident ID'd
- Sunny today, more clouds tomorrow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Surveillance expected from Target heist
- Person of interest ID'd in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Camden teen reported missing
- I-95 reopens after car catches fire
- Residents displaced after West Philadelphia fire
- 4 injured in Route 295 crash
- Teen stowaway survives flight in landing gear 35 min ago
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Oscar Mayer hot dogs recalled due to misbranding 53 min ago
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!