Coroner: Lafayette freshman's death was accidental
EASTON, Pa. - September 8, 2012 (WPVI) -- An autopsy has determined the death of a Lafayette College freshman found unresponsive after a night of drinking in May was due to acute ethanol intoxication.
The Northampton County Coroner's office released the results Friday in the death of 19-year-old Everett Glenn. Coroner Zachary Lysek has ruled the death accidental.
The teen was found dead in his dorm room at the Easton school on May 5. His mother has said he had been out drinking with friends.
After his death, the college began a review of its alcohol education and enforcement policies.
School spokesman Roger Clow says the campus continues to mourn the teen's loss and that plans are under way to honor his memory.
pennsylvania, college, northampton county, alcohol, local/state
- Homes damaged by Ocean County forest fire
- Winds Ease Overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Wedding crashers caught on camera
- Photo released of suspect in WCU indecent assault
- Forest fire up to 1500 acres in Cumberland Co.
- 2 attempted lurings near Upper Merion school
- 1 dead in shooting near Widener University
- Package prompts evacuation in Evesham
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police 1 min ago
- 3 American doctors killed in Afghanistan
- Photos: National Pretzel Day Art & Fun Facts
- School stops serving Mountain Dew before tests