Woman slain in eastern Pa. unit; man arrested
ALLENTOWN, Pa. (AP) - September 8, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities in eastern Pennsylvania say a man is facing a criminal homicide charge in the early morning stabbing death of a woman.
Police were called to an Allentown apartment at about 1:40 a.m. Saturday after a reported domestic dispute.
The Lehigh County coroner's office said 31-year-old Lauren Wolstenholme was pronounced dead two hours later.
The manner of death has been ruled homicide but the cause of death is pending an autopsy Monday.
Police said a 31-year-old man armed with a knife was taken into custody after he was hit by a stun gun.
Investigators said he had apparently taken drugs and was taken to St. Luke's Hospital in Allentown; he was to arraigned when medically fit.
stabbing, allentown, pennsylvania, local/state
- $105,000 taken in Tacony armored car heist
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today 51 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Suspects in Ocean Co. child porn sweep
- Beau Biden to run for governor in Del.
- 5 injured in 7 vehicle wreck on I-95 in Del.
- Police investigate serious crash in Levittown
- Mom to surrender after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- Popular chocolate maker shut down by city
- Rottweiler puppy poisoned in NJ
- Man with samurai sword arrested at New Jersey deli
- Teen urinates in Oregon drinking water supply
- Partly sunny, a bit milder today
51 min ago
- Art of Aging: Retirement opportunities
48 min ago