Woman slain in eastern Pa. unit; man arrested
ALLENTOWN, Pa. (AP) - September 8, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities in eastern Pennsylvania say a man is facing a criminal homicide charge in the early morning stabbing death of a woman.
Police were called to an Allentown apartment at about 1:40 a.m. Saturday after a reported domestic dispute.
The Lehigh County coroner's office said 31-year-old Lauren Wolstenholme was pronounced dead two hours later.
The manner of death has been ruled homicide but the cause of death is pending an autopsy Monday.
Police said a 31-year-old man armed with a knife was taken into custody after he was hit by a stun gun.
Investigators said he had apparently taken drugs and was taken to St. Luke's Hospital in Allentown; he was to arraigned when medically fit.
stabbing, allentown, pennsylvania, local/state
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95 22 min ago
- Snow/ Sleet Arriving
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- PennDOT preps begin ahead of wintry mix
- Police: Son of PHA employee charged with DUI 21 min ago
- Man shot, killed in West Oak Lane
- $10K reward in murder of Chester gas station owner
- Suspects sought in Glenside carjacking, abduction 11 min ago
- Underground transformer fire in Center City
- Police: Pa. newlyweds killed man from Craigslist
- Teacher says he was fired because he is gay
- NJ officers play Santa for 'Shop with a Cop'
- Campbell Soup apologizes for SpaghettiOs Pearl Harbor tweet
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
22 min ago
- Suspects sought in Glenside carjacking,...
11 min ago