Woman slain in eastern Pa. unit; man arrested
ALLENTOWN, Pa. (AP) - September 8, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities in eastern Pennsylvania say a man is facing a criminal homicide charge in the early morning stabbing death of a woman.
Police were called to an Allentown apartment at about 1:40 a.m. Saturday after a reported domestic dispute.
The Lehigh County coroner's office said 31-year-old Lauren Wolstenholme was pronounced dead two hours later.
The manner of death has been ruled homicide but the cause of death is pending an autopsy Monday.
Police said a 31-year-old man armed with a knife was taken into custody after he was hit by a stun gun.
Investigators said he had apparently taken drugs and was taken to St. Luke's Hospital in Allentown; he was to arraigned when medically fit.
stabbing, allentown, pennsylvania, local/state
- Building under demolition collapses in Old City 48 min ago
- Windy and cold today 36 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Photos: Pictures of Old City building collapse
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Police: Coatesville man died before fire began
- NJ charges 4 with false Sandy aid applications 23 min ago
- Malaysia: No debris in area shown on China images 34 min ago
- Mississippi man who awakened inside body bag dies
- 7th body recovered after NYC explosion
- Philadelphia Zoo welcomes 2 new tiger cubs 39 min ago
- Video: Man punches boy, 8, steals his iPad
- 2 struck, killed at SXSW festival in Texas
29 min ago