Man shot dead in South Philadelphia
SOUTH PHILADELHIA - September 9, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities say a 37-year-old man died after being shot more than a dozen times in South Philadelphia.
It happened around 10:30 Saturday night on the 2800 block of Vare Avenue.
Officers arrived to find the victim with multiple gunshot wounds.
He was taken to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania where he was pronounced dead. No word on the victim's identity.
Police have not released any further information.
philadelphia, south philadelphia, shooting, homicide, local/state
- 3 injured in Coatesville industrial accident 32 min ago
- Lots of clouds, damp today 2 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Police shoot man in Brewerytown 17 min ago
- Chesco man accused of sex assault on 2 young boys 42 min ago
- I-5 bridge collapses into Washington river
- Woman convicted in fiance's wedding day death
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys
- 8 charged in $14M drug operation in SE Pa.
- Missing Skippack student found in North Carolina
- NJ: Caramel-colored rubbing alcohol sold as scotch
- Chase Utley out 2-4 weeks with oblique strain
- Obama to tour Jersey Shore with Gov. Christie
- Police shoot man in Brewerytown
17 min ago