Man shot dead in South Philadelphia
SOUTH PHILADELHIA - September 9, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities say a 37-year-old man died after being shot more than a dozen times in South Philadelphia.
It happened around 10:30 Saturday night on the 2800 block of Vare Avenue.
Officers arrived to find the victim with multiple gunshot wounds.
He was taken to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania where he was pronounced dead. No word on the victim's identity.
Police have not released any further information.
philadelphia, south philadelphia, shooting, homicide, local/state
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought
- Cold today, Saturday looks snowy 48 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police shoot at suspected carjacker in SW Philly 8 min ago
- Driver crashes into police cruiser in Wilmington 10 min ago
- OSHA investigates lead exposure at Oxford Mills
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- No death penalty for man charged in wife death
- 2 injured in Vineland school bus crash
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Berks Co. police chief faces child porn charges
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- Woman admits to stealing packages from Delco homes
- Cold today, Saturday looks snowy
48 min ago
- Police shoot at suspected carjacker in SW...
8 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos