Man shot dead in South Philadelphia
SOUTH PHILADELHIA - September 9, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities say a 37-year-old man died after being shot more than a dozen times in South Philadelphia.
It happened around 10:30 Saturday night on the 2800 block of Vare Avenue.
Officers arrived to find the victim with multiple gunshot wounds.
He was taken to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania where he was pronounced dead. No word on the victim's identity.
Police have not released any further information.
philadelphia, south philadelphia, shooting, homicide, local/state
- 2 dead in police involved shootings
- Very unsettled Thursday
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Video shows assault rifle shooting at strip club
- AG: 29 New Jersey bars swapped top-shelf liquor
- Faith-healing couple charged in son's death
- Surveillance released in fatal Camden shooting
- Names of 16 Okla. tornado victims released
- Brutal attack in London heightens terror fears
- Man shot to death while questioned in Boston probe
- 4 Americans killed since 2009 in US drone strikes
- Finding the perfect bra
- OTRC: Critics' Choice Television Awards nominees