Man killed in Point Breeze shooting
POINT BREEZE - September 9, 2012 (WPVI) -- Gunfire broke out and a man was killed after he was struck multiple times in Point Breeze.
It happened around 2:00 Sunday morning near the intersection of 17th and Federal streets.
A preliminary investigation revealed that the victim was confronted by an unknown male who opened fire.
The victim - a man in his 20s - tried to get away, running inside a home on the 1500 block of Federal Street.
Gunfire struck the victim in the chest. He was taken to Jefferson Hospital where he was later pronounced dead.
No word on the victim's identity.
An investigation continues.
philadelphia, point breeze, shooting, homicide, local/state
- Photos: 6 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- AccuWeather: Two very mild days
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Accused wedding crasher thief pleads guilty 40 min ago
- SEPTA, union resume talks to avoid strike
- Police step up search in deadly hit-and-run
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspect
- Photos: Pictures from the finger-bite mall attack
- Investigators chase 'every angle' in missing jet
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Court won't hear dispute over 'boobies' bracelets
- Are store credit cards worth the discount?
- Video: 85-year-old grandma outsmarts robber