Organ stolen from church in SW Philadelphia
SOUTHWEST PHILADELPHIA - September 9, 2012 (WPVI) -- Members of a church in Southwest Philadelphia were getting ready for service when they realized someone stole their church organ.
The theft happened at the New Fellowship Faith Baptist Church on 70th Street and Woodland Avenue.
Church officials say a side window was busted open and a musician's keyboard was stolen from the pulpit sometime Friday into Saturday.
Huddled in prayer, members of the church are still keeping the faith, despite hearing the negative news.
"Unfortunately, some folks don't have a sense of conscience," said Asst. Pastor Leroy Penelton.
Pastor Penelton says the news is tough to take since the church was hit hard by vandals just last year.
"Last time they got in, they really did some terrible vandalism and threw paint all over," he said.
A kind soul saved Sunday's service by temporarily lending the church an organ.
"I say to the person, your heart should be troubled right now because anytime you rob God's house, it's going to come back to you two-fold," said Reverend Paul Moore.
Despite the theft, services will go on as planned - music will be played, songs will be sung and prayers for the culprit will be heard.
philadelphia, southwest philadelphia, theft, local/state, jennifer joyce
- London theater partially collapses; 80 injured 59 min ago
- Record Weekend Warmth
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's 46 min ago
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk 4 min ago
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County 35 min ago
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- Cat hoarder at Grace Kelly home found guilty
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Video captures Laundromat robbery 50 min ago
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
- Security breach affected all cards, not...
46 min ago
- London theater partially collapses; 80...
59 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos