Organ stolen from church in SW Philadelphia
SOUTHWEST PHILADELPHIA - September 9, 2012 (WPVI) -- Members of a church in Southwest Philadelphia were getting ready for service when they realized someone stole their church organ.
The theft happened at the New Fellowship Faith Baptist Church on 70th Street and Woodland Avenue.
Church officials say a side window was busted open and a musician's keyboard was stolen from the pulpit sometime Friday into Saturday.
Huddled in prayer, members of the church are still keeping the faith, despite hearing the negative news.
"Unfortunately, some folks don't have a sense of conscience," said Asst. Pastor Leroy Penelton.
Pastor Penelton says the news is tough to take since the church was hit hard by vandals just last year.
"Last time they got in, they really did some terrible vandalism and threw paint all over," he said.
A kind soul saved Sunday's service by temporarily lending the church an organ.
"I say to the person, your heart should be troubled right now because anytime you rob God's house, it's going to come back to you two-fold," said Reverend Paul Moore.
Despite the theft, services will go on as planned - music will be played, songs will be sung and prayers for the culprit will be heard.
philadelphia, southwest philadelphia, theft, local/state, jennifer joyce
- New sighting reported of missing student's car
- Mostly cloudy, humid today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Appoquinimink teacher arrested for indecent exposure 9 min ago
- Disabled veteran robbed, beaten in home invasion
- Victim ID'd in Deptford Township arson 51 min ago
- Housekeeper sentenced for Ben Franklin bust theft
- $1 million Powerball ticket sold in North Wales, Pa. 58 min ago
- 51-year-old man shot and killed in Kensington
- Tracking down criminals with family DNA testing
- 15 motorcyclists arrested in NJ Turnpike chase
- Bear spotted in Bensalem, Bucks County
- Sea Lion Worried About Little Girl
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos