Driver in Upper Merion Twp. hit-and-run identified
KING OF PRUSSIA, Pa. - September 10, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police have identified the driver in Sunday night's hit-and-run accident in King of Prussia, Pa.
Upper Merion Police say Charles E Haney, 42, of Barton, Maryland was behind the wheel of the van that struck two King of Prussia men.
Haney has not been charged. Police tell Action News criminal charges are pending the results of toxicology testing.
Police say 18-year-old Branden Thornton and 22-year-old Anthony Bonet were walking along the 4000 block of S Gulph Road when they were struck by a van.
It happened at around 11:00 p.m. Sunday.
Bonet refused medical treatment but Thorton was air lifted to The Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania where he remains in critical but stable condition.
Police say Haney left the scene of the accident. They picked him up later at a Motel 6.
Police say Haney has been cooperating fully with the investigation.
pedestrian struck, accident, montgomery county, pennsylvania, local/state
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies
- 6 apartments destroyed in Wilmington fire
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in East Mt. Airy shooting
- $10K reward posted in Delco murder case
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ