Driver in Upper Merion Twp. hit-and-run identified
KING OF PRUSSIA, Pa. - September 10, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police have identified the driver in Sunday night's hit-and-run accident in King of Prussia, Pa.
Upper Merion Police say Charles E Haney, 42, of Barton, Maryland was behind the wheel of the van that struck two King of Prussia men.
Haney has not been charged. Police tell Action News criminal charges are pending the results of toxicology testing.
Police say 18-year-old Branden Thornton and 22-year-old Anthony Bonet were walking along the 4000 block of S Gulph Road when they were struck by a van.
It happened at around 11:00 p.m. Sunday.
Bonet refused medical treatment but Thorton was air lifted to The Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania where he remains in critical but stable condition.
Police say Haney left the scene of the accident. They picked him up later at a Motel 6.
Police say Haney has been cooperating fully with the investigation.
pedestrian struck, accident, montgomery county, pennsylvania, local/state
- Search for missing college student from Skippack
- Mostly cloudy, humid today 23 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Disabled veteran robbed, beaten in home invasion
- 51-year-old man shot and killed in Kensington
- 1 person burned in fast-moving house fire
- Tornadoes level homes in Oklahoma, hit other states
- 2 alarm apartment fire in Washington Township 27 min ago
- Tracking down criminals with family DNA testing 28 min ago
- 15 motorcyclists arrested in NJ Turnpike chase
- Bear spotted in Bensalem, Bucks County 2 min ago
- Teen killed over iPad, 2 suspects arrested
- 2 FBI agents killed in training accident in Virginia
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos