Driver in Upper Merion Twp. hit-and-run identified
KING OF PRUSSIA, Pa. - September 10, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police have identified the driver in Sunday night's hit-and-run accident in King of Prussia, Pa.
Upper Merion Police say Charles E Haney, 42, of Barton, Maryland was behind the wheel of the van that struck two King of Prussia men.
Haney has not been charged. Police tell Action News criminal charges are pending the results of toxicology testing.
Police say 18-year-old Branden Thornton and 22-year-old Anthony Bonet were walking along the 4000 block of S Gulph Road when they were struck by a van.
It happened at around 11:00 p.m. Sunday.
Bonet refused medical treatment but Thorton was air lifted to The Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania where he remains in critical but stable condition.
Police say Haney left the scene of the accident. They picked him up later at a Motel 6.
Police say Haney has been cooperating fully with the investigation.
pedestrian struck, accident, montgomery county, pennsylvania, local/state
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 2 min ago
- Freeze Warning overnight 12 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Lockdown at high school in Bethlehem 20 min ago
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed
- Boy dies after Mayfair drowning incident
- Search for missing teenager in Camden
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead 52 min ago
- DA: Montco man gave alcohol at 'Sweet 16' party 28 min ago
- Minivan, car collide head-on in Paoli
- Violent Chester police confrontation caught on video
- Elderly woman hurt in East Windsor apartment fire 19 min ago
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos