Police: Man killed wife, 50 dogs seized in Pa.
NEWFOUNDLAND, Pa. (AP) -September 10, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police say a man killed his wife in a northeastern Pennsylvania home where officials later seized more than 50 beagles.
Officials say 52-year-old Donnalynn Schroeder died in surgery after being shot early Sunday at the home she shared with her husband in Newfoundland, Wayne County.
Fifty-nine-year-old Bertrand Schroeder is charged in her death. It's not immediately clear if he has an attorney.
Police say more than 50 beagles, mostly puppies, were seized from the home after the killing. Trooper Kelly Todd tells The Times-Tribune of Scranton that animal cruelty charges are pending.
homicide, animals, pennsylvania, local/state
- Deadly shooting near La Salle University 58 min ago
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash 56 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Shooting leads to police standoff in Logan 19 min ago
- Pedestrian struck in North Philadelphia
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to death 35 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death 40 min ago
- Volunteer brutally assaulted outside Lehigh Co. church 46 min ago
- Delco police standoff ends, suspect dead
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Tests confirm toxic chemicals inside Phila. fire station 55 min ago
- Malaysian military: Missing jet changed course
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Police: Woman, 21, stabbed grandfather to...
35 min ago
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's...
40 min ago
- Tests confirm toxic chemicals inside Phila....
55 min ago
- AccuWeather: Weather Whiplash
56 min ago