Police: Man killed wife, 50 dogs seized in Pa.
NEWFOUNDLAND, Pa. (AP) -September 10, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police say a man killed his wife in a northeastern Pennsylvania home where officials later seized more than 50 beagles.
Officials say 52-year-old Donnalynn Schroeder died in surgery after being shot early Sunday at the home she shared with her husband in Newfoundland, Wayne County.
Fifty-nine-year-old Bertrand Schroeder is charged in her death. It's not immediately clear if he has an attorney.
Police say more than 50 beagles, mostly puppies, were seized from the home after the killing. Trooper Kelly Todd tells The Times-Tribune of Scranton that animal cruelty charges are pending.
homicide, animals, pennsylvania, local/state
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor
- Warmer Weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Overbrook shooting
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Video released of AK-47 robbery in Wynnefield
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Video: Flyers' Hartnell co-authors children's book