PSU to weigh renaming Schultz child care center
STATE COLLEGE, Pa. (AP) -September 10, 2012 (WPVI) -- Penn State's trustees will consider renaming a child care center named for a retired administrator charged with failing to report suspected child abuse committed by Jerry Sandusky.
A discussion about renaming the Gary Schultz Child Care Center is on the agenda for the trustees meeting scheduled for Friday in State College.
University spokesman David La Torre tells the Centre Daily Times of State College that a name change is in the best interests of families who use the center.
Schultz, a former university vice president, and athletic director Tim Curley are charged with failing to report suspected abuse and perjury in connection with the Sandusky investigation.
Late Penn State football coach Joe Paterno's name was removed from a child care center on Nike's corporate campus in July.
abuse, child abuse, pennsylvania state university, pennsylvania, local/state
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Sunny and chilly
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mutilated animal found in North Philadelphia 53 min ago
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Man, 22, dies after shooting in Chester
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- SEPTA trolley collides with taxi in West Philadelphia
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ