PSU to weigh renaming Schultz child care center
STATE COLLEGE, Pa. (AP) -September 10, 2012 (WPVI) -- Penn State's trustees will consider renaming a child care center named for a retired administrator charged with failing to report suspected child abuse committed by Jerry Sandusky.
A discussion about renaming the Gary Schultz Child Care Center is on the agenda for the trustees meeting scheduled for Friday in State College.
University spokesman David La Torre tells the Centre Daily Times of State College that a name change is in the best interests of families who use the center.
Schultz, a former university vice president, and athletic director Tim Curley are charged with failing to report suspected abuse and perjury in connection with the Sandusky investigation.
Late Penn State football coach Joe Paterno's name was removed from a child care center on Nike's corporate campus in July.
abuse, child abuse, pennsylvania state university, pennsylvania, local/state
- 2 dead in police involved shootings
- Showers, thunderstorms today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Driver injured in crash involving Delaware fire chief 47 min ago
- Jose Canseco accused of sexual assault in Vegas
- Vote on gay Scouts comes at emotional moment
- Video shows assault rifle shooting at strip club
- $2B in Okla. tornado damage means hard recovery 38 min ago
- AG: 29 New Jersey bars swapped top-shelf liquor
- Faith-healing couple charged in son's death
- Surveillance released in fatal Camden shooting
- 4 Americans killed since 2009 in US drone strikes
- Finding the perfect bra