PSU to weigh renaming Schultz child care center
STATE COLLEGE, Pa. (AP) -September 10, 2012 (WPVI) -- Penn State's trustees will consider renaming a child care center named for a retired administrator charged with failing to report suspected child abuse committed by Jerry Sandusky.
A discussion about renaming the Gary Schultz Child Care Center is on the agenda for the trustees meeting scheduled for Friday in State College.
University spokesman David La Torre tells the Centre Daily Times of State College that a name change is in the best interests of families who use the center.
Schultz, a former university vice president, and athletic director Tim Curley are charged with failing to report suspected abuse and perjury in connection with the Sandusky investigation.
Late Penn State football coach Joe Paterno's name was removed from a child care center on Nike's corporate campus in July.
abuse, child abuse, pennsylvania state university, pennsylvania, local/state
- Snow today, heavy at times 7 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Pictures from the winter storm
- Photos: Winter storm forecast maps 57 min ago
- Video: Annie McCormick in Mobile 6 on I-76
- Video: David Henry on snow at Rittenhouse Sq.
- Video: John Rawlins on snow in E. Norriton
- Video: Nora Muchanic on snow in Trenton
- Video: Katherine Scott on snow in Delaware
- 2 corrections officers hurt in Concord Twp. crash 21 min ago
- Gunman fires shots through window, teens wounded
- Arrest made in Beats headphone murder
- Snow today, heavy at times
7 min ago