2 dead in Lehigh County bus stop crash
HANOVER TWP, Pa. - September 10, 2012 (WPVI) -- Late Monday night, state police confirmed the death of a second man after a SUV crashed into a bus stop in Lehigh County.
Into the evening, state police reconstructed the horrific scene where they say the driver of an SUV lost control, took out a utility pole and crashed into four men who were waiting on a bus.
It happened around 3:30 p.m. on Race Street near Cascade Drive near the Lehigh High Valley International Airport in Hanover Township.
"[The SUV driver] said at first that she was on the phone and then she quickly changed the story and was like there was a car in front of me and then she said that she was looking to the other side... she was in plain shock," a witness told Action News.
Two men were trapped under the vehicle including 51-year-old Elias Tabarani of Allentown who was pronounced dead at the scene.
Late tonight, police say 28-year-old Angel Bosch of Easton died at Saint Luke's Hospital in Bethlehem.
State Police identified the other victims 37-year-old Lawrence Oyster from Allentown and 38-year-old Angel Guerrido-Lopez of Allentown.
There's not much around the intersection where the LANTA Regional bus stop is located but emergency crews say it's a high traffic area.
"It's a busy time of the day here, companies are leaving out from work, that's why you had so many people standing there at that time," Hanover Township Fire Department Chief Robin Yoder said.
The driver of the SUV was also taken to the hospital.
State Police say charges are pending.
pennsylvania, lehigh county, accident, local/state
- Photos: Weekend storm forecast maps
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Tennis coach charged with corruption of minors 19 min ago
- Arrest made after taxi carjacking in South Phila. 21 min ago
- Mega Millions jackpot jumps to $425-million 42 min ago
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought
- Police: Driver dies in crash after fleeing 2 others
- Laundromat robbed in Cedarbrook
- Stolen Xmas decorations returned in Berks Co. 53 min ago
- Video captures Manayunk market break-in
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering