2 in custody following Bensalem police chase
BENSALEM, Pa. - September 10, 2012 (WPVI) -- Two men are in custody after a police pursuit that began in Bucks County.
At around 8:00 p.m., Bensalem police were conducting a drug investigation at Parx Casino.
When they spotted a drug deal going down, officers attempted to make an arrest.
Police say two men in a red SUV fled and got onto I-95 south.
Bensalem police pursued the vehicle, but then broke it off as the men made a daring exit off I-95 at Bridge Street.
The men then drove through the Frankford section of Philadelphia and abandoned their vehicle on Orchard Street at Womrath Street.
Chopper 6 HD was overhead as the men bailed from the SUV and sprinted down Orchard Street about a half block into a home where someone had the door open waiting for them.
Police and SWAT units arrived, declared a staging area, and after approximately an hour, entered the home and took the two into custody.
pennsylvania, bucks county, police chase, drugs, bensalem, local/state
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Record Weekend Warmth
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- 1 dead after car plunges into lake in Vineland
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos