Parole officer finds dead woman in house
GERMANTOWN - September 10, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating an apparent homicide in Philadelphia's Germantown section.
A visiting parole officer found the body of a woman in a house in the 800 block of East Chelten Avenue at around 4:00 p.m.
Police say the man the parole officer was checking up on said he strangled the 24-year-old woman.
The 28-year-old man was being questioned by police as of late Monday night.
philadelphia, germantown, homicide, strangling, local/state
- Police: Man targeted in hit-and-run crash 30 min ago
- Egg-cellent holiday weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Family pets die in house blaze in Newark, Del.
- Captain of sunken S. Korean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Police: Store owner victimizes teens with Taser
- Pedestrian struck by train in Plymouth Meeting
- Authorities searching Delaware River for boater 23 min ago
- Photos: Pictures of out-of-control boat on the Del....
- Miley Cyrus still hospitalized, postpones Philly show
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
- Is it time for smart watches?