Parole officer finds dead woman in house
GERMANTOWN - September 10, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating an apparent homicide in Philadelphia's Germantown section.
A visiting parole officer found the body of a woman in a house in the 800 block of East Chelten Avenue at around 4:00 p.m.
Police say the man the parole officer was checking up on said he strangled the 24-year-old woman.
The 28-year-old man was being questioned by police as of late Monday night.
philadelphia, germantown, homicide, strangling, local/state
- Snow today, heavy at times 1 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Winter storm forecast maps
- Arrest made in Beats headphone murder
- 2 arrested for violent Center City attack
- Thief steals $17K from Philadelphia charter school
- 2 PSU students charged with ethnic intimidation
- Teen shot and killed in Wilmington
- 2K get meningitis B vaccinations at Princeton
- US Airways, American merger complete
- Rachael Ray's cookbook competition
- Video: Woman finds, returns envelope full of cash
- Snow today, heavy at times
1 min ago