VP Biden set to address Pa. Flight 93 memorial
SHANKSVILLE, Pa. (AP) - September 11, 2012 (WPVI) -- Vice president Joe Biden and Secretary of the Interior Ken Salazar are expected to address families, friends and citizens gathered to mark the 11th anniversary of the Sept. 11, 2001 terrorist attacks in southwestern Pennsylvania.
Biden will be the keynote speaker at the Flight 93 National Memorial in Shanksville, where the hijacked United Airlines plane crashed. The 40 passengers and crew died in what investigators later determined was a struggle with hijackers for control of the jet.
The names of the passenger and crew will be read at 10:03 a.m., the moment the plane crashed - and bells of remembrance will be rung by surviving family members and community members who became involved in the aftermath of the crash.
A wreath will also be laid at the memorial's Wall of Names.
vice president joe biden, 9/11 attacks, pennsylvania, local/state
- Video captures Laundromat robbery 8 min ago
- Turning Milder
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Cat hoarder at Grace Kelly home found guilty
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students
- On video: Armed robber fails after KFC workers flee 32 min ago
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp. 44 min ago
- Woman injured in incident on train tracks in Center City 40 min ago
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- Purse snatcher at Willow Grove Mall caught on camera
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
- Woman injured in incident on train tracks...
40 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos