VP Biden set to address Pa. Flight 93 memorial
SHANKSVILLE, Pa. (AP) - September 11, 2012 (WPVI) -- Vice president Joe Biden and Secretary of the Interior Ken Salazar are expected to address families, friends and citizens gathered to mark the 11th anniversary of the Sept. 11, 2001 terrorist attacks in southwestern Pennsylvania.
Biden will be the keynote speaker at the Flight 93 National Memorial in Shanksville, where the hijacked United Airlines plane crashed. The 40 passengers and crew died in what investigators later determined was a struggle with hijackers for control of the jet.
The names of the passenger and crew will be read at 10:03 a.m., the moment the plane crashed - and bells of remembrance will be rung by surviving family members and community members who became involved in the aftermath of the crash.
A wreath will also be laid at the memorial's Wall of Names.
vice president joe biden, 9/11 attacks, pennsylvania, local/state
- Apparent misunderstanding in police shooting 38 min ago
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say 16 min ago
- Fmr. Devon Prep teacher faces child porn charges 51 min ago
- 3rd lottery jackpot hits at Atlantic Co. truck stop 43 min ago
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt
- 3 shot during funeral at Trenton church
- Photo released of anti-Semetic vandalism suspect
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Video: Video gamer is the victim of SWATting hoax
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Apparent misunderstanding in police shooting
38 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos