Bucks County community remembers 9-11 victims
YARDLEY, Pa. - September 11, 2012 (WPVI) -- Family and friends gathered Tuesday in Yardley, Pa. to honor the lives and memory of those who lost their lives in the September 11th attacks.
Eleven years after Gary Reiss of Yardley lost his son Joshua in the World Trade Center disaster, he says he has learned that, unlike the old saying, time does not heal all wounds.
"I cry every day," said Reiss. "I smile at the thought of what he was and where he was going. But he was my child."
Reiss and his family gathered with other 9-11 families for a beautiful ceremony at the Garden of Reflection in Yardley to honor the memories of everyone who lost their lives on that terrible day.
In particular, they recognized the 18 Bucks County residents who were killed on September 11, 2001.
These families and friends came together at the center of the wonderful garden designed and built with the victims in mind.
The garden includes fragments of metal beams from the twin towers, reminding these loved ones of what the world lost on 9-11.
People like Tara Bane-Dellacorte's husband, Michael.
"Fun-loving, practical guy," she told Action News. "Great smile. He's missed greatly."
And Claire Chirchirillo's husband, Peter.
"He was a great big teddy bear. He was quite loud, the center of attention, with the biggest heart you could imagine," she said.
A candlelight service will be held Tuesday at 7:00 p.m. at the Garden of Reflection. It is free and open to the public.
pennsylvania, 9/11 attacks, bucks county, local/state
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Temps Soar 10 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery 26 min ago
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- 1 dead after car plunges into lake in Vineland 7 min ago
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
- Temps Soar
10 min ago