Responder crashes en route to body in lake
BURLINGTON COUNTY, N.J. - September 11, 2012 (WPVI) -- A first responder en route to a Burlington County lake for a report of a body found was involved in a crash Tuesday afternoon.
The accident occurred at Route 130 and High Street in Burlington just after 2:00 p.m.
The two car crash involved a fire department vehicle.
The extent of injuries has not been released.
The cause of the crash is under investigation.
The first responder was on the way to Sylvan Lake.
Police and medics were called for a report of body of an adult male discovered floating in the lake.
The discovery was made at approximately 2:15 p.m. by a fisherman.
The male has yet to be identified.
An autopsy will be performed by Burlington County Medical Examiner to determine the cause and manner of death.
The lake is in a development off of Sunset and Salem roads in Burlington Township.
new jersey, burlington county, accident, local/state
- Skydiver ID'd in fatal Washing Twp. accident 58 min ago
- 70s Return This Week 37 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- $10K to $30K stolen in Target armed robbery 40 min ago
- I-95 reopens after car catches fire 43 min ago
- Person of interest ID'd in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Residents displaced after West Philadelphia fire 54 min ago
- 4 injured in Route 295 crash 42 min ago
- Camden teen reported missing 21 min ago
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite 19 min ago
- Oscar Mayer hot dogs recalled due to misbranding
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!
- Skydiver ID'd in fatal Washing Twp. accident
58 min ago
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom...
19 min ago
- $10K to $30K stolen in Target armed robbery
40 min ago
- Residents displaced after West Philadelphia...
54 min ago