Responder crashes en route to body in lake
BURLINGTON COUNTY, N.J. - September 11, 2012 (WPVI) -- A first responder en route to a Burlington County lake for a report of a body found was involved in a crash Tuesday afternoon.
The accident occurred at Route 130 and High Street in Burlington just after 2:00 p.m.
The two car crash involved a fire department vehicle.
The extent of injuries has not been released.
The cause of the crash is under investigation.
The first responder was on the way to Sylvan Lake.
Police and medics were called for a report of body of an adult male discovered floating in the lake.
The discovery was made at approximately 2:15 p.m. by a fisherman.
The male has yet to be identified.
An autopsy will be performed by Burlington County Medical Examiner to determine the cause and manner of death.
The lake is in a development off of Sunset and Salem roads in Burlington Township.
new jersey, burlington county, accident, local/state
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday 38 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia 20 min ago
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden 1 min ago
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Gas leak, evacuations reported in Frankford
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- Video: Camden H.S. wrestler wins state championship
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
38 min ago
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
20 min ago
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden
1 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos