Responder crashes en route to body in lake
BURLINGTON COUNTY, N.J. - September 11, 2012 (WPVI) -- A first responder en route to a Burlington County lake for a report of a body found was involved in a crash Tuesday afternoon.
The accident occurred at Route 130 and High Street in Burlington just after 2:00 p.m.
The two car crash involved a fire department vehicle.
The extent of injuries has not been released.
The cause of the crash is under investigation.
The first responder was on the way to Sylvan Lake.
Police and medics were called for a report of body of an adult male discovered floating in the lake.
The discovery was made at approximately 2:15 p.m. by a fisherman.
The male has yet to be identified.
An autopsy will be performed by Burlington County Medical Examiner to determine the cause and manner of death.
The lake is in a development off of Sunset and Salem roads in Burlington Township.
new jersey, burlington county, accident, local/state
- ABC News: Possible security breach at Target
- Winter Warm Up
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Police search for suspects in religious store robbery
- Jewelry thieves target Montgomery Co. open houses
- Elderly couple's life savings stolen in Media
- Police: Man shoots self on SEPTA bus
- $6M counterfeit check ring busted in Phila.
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Upper Darby's Chitwood reflects on career
- Video: Soldier returning from Afghanistan...
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed