Action News assists in I-95 chase arrests
BENSALEM, Pa. - September 11, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police have released more information in the I-95 pursuit that resulted in the arrest of two men, and authorities say Action News and Chopper 6 played a big role in their capture.
At approximately 7:00 p.m. Monday, Bensalem Special Investigations Unit attempted to arrest 22-year-old Dominique Winn and 28-year-old Rasheed Potts, both from Philadelphia, on drug charges.
While attempting to make the arrests, authorities say Potts and Winn fled the scene causing a police chase.
At the time, police believed one or both of suspects were armed with handguns.
After the vehicle exited Bridge Street police ended the chase, however, Chopper 6 HD continued to monitor the fleeing vehicle.
With Chopper 6 overhead, the men drove through the Frankford section of Philadelphia and abandoned their vehicle on Orchard Street at Womrath Street.
The men left their SUV and sprinted down Orchard Street about a half block into a home.
Action News contacted police who were able to converge on the home the suspects fled to.
After approximately 40 minutes, Philadelphia SWAT was able to take Potts and Winn into custody.
They were transported back to Bensalem where they were charged with felony drug delivery and related offenses.
They were both arraigned and sent to Bucks County Prison in lieu of $200,000 10% bail.
pennsylvania, bucks county, police chase, drugs, bensalem, local/state
- Faith-healing couple charged in son's death 2 min ago
- Warm and humid, 80s again today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Names of 16 Okla. tornado victims released 6 min ago
- Video shows assault rifle shooting at strip club
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- AG: 29 New Jersey bars swapped top-shelf liquor
- Philadelphia cop accused of ripping off drug dealers 17 min ago
- 1 dead, 2 injured in 'barbaric' London attack
- Police ID victim in water ice stand homicide
- Hats get women ejected from KoP Mall
- D.A.: Girlfriend's murder in Chesco 'an execution'
- Rob Jennings to retire after 36 Years at 6abc
- Names of 16 Okla. tornado victims released
6 min ago
- Philadelphia cop accused of ripping off...
17 min ago