Man struck by SEPTA bus in Frankford
FRANKFORD - September 11, 2012 (WPVI) -- A man was struck by a SEPTA bus in the Frankford section of Philadelphia, police say.
The incident happened just before 10:00 p.m. at Torresdale Avenue and Hubert Street.
Police say the man was running when he ran into the side of a route 56 bus.
He was taken to Aria Hospital Torresdale Division with serious injuries.
Police indicate the victim may have been shot in the leg and was fleeing from the suspect when he ran into the bus.
philadelphia, frankford, pedestrian struck, SEPTA, local/state
- Meningitis suspected in Drexel student's death
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Reward offered in Collingdale hit-and-run
- Turnpike officials: Road plowed, salted before pileup
- Malaysian military says missing jet changed course
- 6 students hurt in Camden Co. school bus crash
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures