Man struck by SEPTA bus in Frankford
FRANKFORD - September 11, 2012 (WPVI) -- A man was struck by a SEPTA bus in the Frankford section of Philadelphia, police say.
The incident happened just before 10:00 p.m. at Torresdale Avenue and Hubert Street.
Police say the man was running when he ran into the side of a route 56 bus.
He was taken to Aria Hospital Torresdale Division with serious injuries.
Police indicate the victim may have been shot in the leg and was fleeing from the suspect when he ran into the bus.
philadelphia, frankford, pedestrian struck, SEPTA, local/state
- More Snow on the Way 45 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Winter storm forecast maps
- Arrest made in Beats headphone murder 49 min ago
- 2 arrested for violent Center City attack
- Thief steals $17K from Philadelphia charter school
- 2 PSU students charged with ethnic intimidation
- Teen shot and killed in Wilmington 55 min ago
- 2K get meningitis B vaccinations at Princeton
- US Airways, American merger complete
- Rachael Ray's cookbook competition
- Video: Woman finds, returns envelope full of cash
- More Snow on the Way
45 min ago
- Preparing for more snow on Tuesday
56 min ago
- Arrest made in Beats headphone murder
49 min ago
- Woman stabbed to death in Germantown
54 min ago