Berks Co cop accused of attacking police chief
WEST READING, Pa. - September 12, 2012 (WPVI) -- A West Reading police officer accused of attacking his own chief is telling his side of the story.
Officer Ronald Ladd says he went into his chief's office back on August 31st to complain about being verbally attacked in public by a fellow officer. He says his conversation with Chief Edward Fabriziani turned physical.
Ladd says, "[Fabriziani] took and hit me with the heels of his hand (sic). And when he did that, I pushed back - a fight ensued."
The District Attorney says an investigation shows Officer Ladd was the aggressor, not the chief.
Ladd stands by his claims. He says he's endured more than a decade of harassment on the job.
Ladd faces a citation that could get him 90 days in jail or a $300 fine.
reading, berks county, pennsylvania, fight, police, local/state
- Montco DA: Drug ring targeted schools; 8 arrested 17 min ago
- Sunny today, more clouds tomorrow
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Skydiver in fatal South Jersey accident ID'd 50 min ago
- Woman's body found in Pa. excavation storage site 15 min ago
- Medical chopper called to crash on Route 55 43 min ago
- Jogger helps rescue man from Schuylkill River
- Photos: Pictures from NJ skydiving accident
- Boston Marathon begins under tight security 1 min ago
- SKorean president: Ferry crew actions 'murderous' 24 min ago
- Surveillance expected from Target heist
- Teen stowaway survives flight in landing gear
- Photos: Jamie Apody welcomes Baby Chase!
- Skydiver in fatal South Jersey accident ID'd
50 min ago