Child, 5, hit by car while getting on school bus
WHITEHALL, Pa. - September 12, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police said a five-year-old child was hit by another vehicle while getting on a school bus Wednesday morning in Lehigh County.
It happened just before 9 a.m. near the intersection of Fairmont Avenue just west of Kay Drive in Whitehall Twp.
The child, a student in the Whitehall-Coplay School District, was hit by a car while trying to board a bus at an approved bus stop.
The child was taken to Lehigh Valley Hospital-Cedar Crest for unknown injuries.
The crash is under investigation by Whitehall Twp. police.
pennsylvania, lehigh county, pedestrian struck, school bus, accident, local/state
- Iranian teen had stolen passport on missing jet
- AccuWeather: mild today, rain Wednesday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2nd suspect sought in finger-biting attack 46 min ago
- Woman shot in bed in South Philadelphia
- Suspicious fire damages home in Camden
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion 32 min ago
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom 48 min ago
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
- Video: Cat attacks toddler, parents call 911
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos