Violent robbery suspects caught on camera in Philadelphia
NORTH PHILADELPHIA - September 12, 2012 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia Police are asking for help identifying several robbery/assault suspects caught on camera.
RELATED: Watch the surveillance video
The so-called "strong arm" robberies happened between August 23rd and September 10th.
Each of the robberies happened in the area of 18th and Diamond Streets in North Philadelphia. In each case, the victims were assaulted and their mobile phones and other items stolen.
Surveillance video released Wednesday shows suspects in two of the robberies.
In the first, a man approaches a male victim in the 1700 block of Diamond Street on September 2 at 12:30 p.m., forces him into a doorway, takes his mobile phone from his pocket and flees.
In the second, on August 30th at 5:00 p.m., a man grabs a woman's wallet in the 1800 block of West Diamond Street. An hour later, the suspect and a female accomplice are caught on camera using the victim's credit card at a grocery store on the same block where the victim was robbed.
Police have released the following descriptions of the suspects:
Suspect #1: Black male, 17-20 years-of-age, green shirt, blue jeans, medium complexion, medium build, beard.
Suspect #2: Black male, 20-30 years-of-age, medium complexion, thin build, goatee, short hair.
Suspect #3: Black female, 20-30 years-of-age, medium complexion, medium build.
Police say if you see the suspects, you should not approach them, but instead call 911 immediately.
You can also submit tips by telephone at 215-686-TIPS (8477) or by text message at PPD TIP or 773847. You can also use this electronic form.
philadelphia, robbery, assault, north philadelphia, local/state
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding 50 min ago
- Frost Advisory Overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Water main break cancels Cheyney U. classes
- Heist investigation leads to Roxborough apartment
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Tour bus catches fire in Galloway Twp.
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Rangers top Flyers in playoff opener 4-1