Cat rescued from utility pole near SPCA
PHILADELPHIA - September 12, 2012 (WPVI) -- A rescued cat is being cared for Wednesday night at the Pennsylvania SPCA, with a special connection to the staff.
Fortunately, this story is not about animal abuse.
The black-and-white feline had been stuck up a utility pole, 40 feet in the air, since Sunday outside of the SPCA's Hunting Park headquarters.
There was nothing the staff did could lure it down. So PECO came out to get it off the electric lines and the fire department had nets and blankets ready in case it fell.
Everything went well, and the staffers have named the 1-year-old cat "Sparky."
She is recuperating and will then be up for adoption.
spca, philadelphia, local/state
- Photos: Weekend storm forecast maps
- Very cold today, Saturday storm
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Driver ID'd, charged in fatal crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- Berks Co. police chief faces child porn charges 40 min ago
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating
- On video: serial smash-and-grab burglar in action 39 min ago
- DA: Woman stole $81K from Montco church
- Woman charged in boyfriend's heroin death
- Police: Freshman dies after frat ritual in Poconos
- Narcotic officers raid Lacey High School
- Dump truck hits ATV pulling sled, boy killed
- Photos: 60 photos of Golden Globe nominees 16 min ago
- On video: serial smash-and-grab burglar in...
39 min ago