Store owner shot at close range in Germantown
GERMANTOWN - September 13, 2012 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police say a store owner in Germantown was targeted and shot at close range late Wednesday night.
The shooting happened around 11:30 p.m. on the 4900 block of Germantown Avenue.
According to police, a 46-year-old man was sitting out in front of his store when he was shot multiple times at close range.
The victim also lived on the second floor of the store which was open at the time of the incident.
He was rushed to a nearby hospital and is listed in critical condition.
Police found at least 9 gun casings at the scene.
Investigators are working on a description of the suspects and a motive for the shooting.
germantown, shooting, philadelphia, local/state
- 911 calls from Newtown, CT shooting released 15 min ago
- Clouds, some sun, mild today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Walker autopsy complete; 'Fast & Furious 7' halted
- Photos: Paul Walker: Pictures of crash scene, vigil
- Suspect in killing of fmr. Marine surrenders
- Attack in Washington Square caught on camera
- Kutztown coach accused of covering up teen's rape
- Hunting Park standoff ends with surrender
- Toys for Tots: Woman on video was volunteer
- Ocean County police to carry heroin antidote
- Sophia, Jackson most popular baby names of 2013
- Photos: Open House: Pat Croce's $7.95M mansion