Store owner shot at close range in Germantown
GERMANTOWN - September 13, 2012 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police say a store owner in Germantown was targeted and shot at close range late Wednesday night.
The shooting happened around 11:30 p.m. on the 4900 block of Germantown Avenue.
According to police, a 46-year-old man was sitting out in front of his store when he was shot multiple times at close range.
The victim also lived on the second floor of the store which was open at the time of the incident.
He was rushed to a nearby hospital and is listed in critical condition.
Police found at least 9 gun casings at the scene.
Investigators are working on a description of the suspects and a motive for the shooting.
germantown, shooting, philadelphia, local/state
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Clouds to sun, cool today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Driver killed in collision with taxi cab in Olney 11 min ago
- Water main break cancels Cheyney U. classes
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital 25 min ago
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Photos: Suspects in Ocean Co. child porn sweep
- Driver killed in collision with taxi cab in...
11 min ago
- Dead body found during kids' Easter egg hunt
33 min ago
- N.Y. mom arrested for living in U-Haul van
42 min ago
- Texas twin boys fight off carjacker
51 min ago