Store owner shot at close range in Germantown
GERMANTOWN - September 13, 2012 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police say a store owner in Germantown was targeted and shot at close range late Wednesday night.
The shooting happened around 11:30 p.m. on the 4900 block of Germantown Avenue.
According to police, a 46-year-old man was sitting out in front of his store when he was shot multiple times at close range.
The victim also lived on the second floor of the store which was open at the time of the incident.
He was rushed to a nearby hospital and is listed in critical condition.
Police found at least 9 gun casings at the scene.
Investigators are working on a description of the suspects and a motive for the shooting.
germantown, shooting, philadelphia, local/state
- Philadelphia cop accused of ripping off drug dealers 45 min ago
- Warm and humid, 80s again today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Police ID victim in water ice stand homicide
- SW Phila. shootings possibly connected to bar fight 54 min ago
- Hats get women ejected from KoP Mall
- Report: FBI agent fatally shoots Tsarnaev associate
- D.A.: Girlfriend's murder in Chesco 'an execution' 44 min ago
- Okla. residents come home to pick up the pieces
- Vatican insists that no papal exorcism took place
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- Sleep monitors promise a better night's sleep
- Rob Jennings to retire after 36 Years at 6abc