Shots fired, young man wounded in SW Phila.
SOUTHWEST PHILADELPHIA - September 13, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating a shooting in Southwest Philadelphia that left a young man wounded late Wednesday night.
According to officials, shots rang out around 11:15 p.m. along the 1700 block of South 53rd Street.
Police say a 20-year-old man was shot and wounded in the chest and left lying on the street.
He was rushed to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania as a trauma patient.
Police have not made any arrests and they are trying to determine a motive.
shooting, southwest philadelphia, philadelphia, local/state
- Wife hid murdered husband, prosecutors say
- One Fine Friday!
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Connecticut commuter trains collide; 60 go to hospitals
- Hazmat spill sends 5 to hospital in Bucks County
- Mother charged with assaulting student at school
- 3 sought for robbery of 15-year-old
- Dozens of home remedies right in your kitchen
- City remembers fallen firefighter Michael Goodwin
- Man wanted for exposing himself in Montco
- Powerball jackpot grows to $600 million
- Cops: Pa. woman served laced burritos to family
- Reading family loses son to swinging rope game