Coatesville crime crackdown nets 2 dozen arrests (PHOTOS)
COATESVILLE, Pa. - September 13, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities have made two dozen arrests as part of an ongoing operation to stomp out major crimes in the Coatesville area.
Chester County District Attorney Tom Hogan explains that Operation Silent Night was launched in response to a spike in violent crime after Coatesville reduced its police force and lost its police chief.
PHOTOS of the suspects: Website and iPad visitors | Wireless visitors
Operation Silent Night has thus far resulted in 24 arrests for crimes including armed robbery, aggravated assault, witness intimidation and drug dealing.
"With the police department and understaffed and lacking a permanent police chief, Coatesville was in a crisis," said Hogan. "Chester County law enforcement stepped into the gap to give Coatesville PD time to get new leadership and start hiring new police officers."
Operation Silent Night is ongoing and more arrests are expected to be made.
coatesville, chester county, pennsylvania, robbery, assault, illegal drugs, local/state
- Nelson Mandela dies at age 95 58 min ago
- Wet to Wintry
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years
- Obama mourns death of icon Nelson Mandela 59 min ago
- Restaurant owner slashes robber with sushi knife 51 min ago
- Fmr. Marine's murder suspect held on $2M bail
- Photos: 21 suspects ID'd in Collingdale drug sweep
- Missing mom, baby from Newark, Del. found
- Sinkhole opens up on Northern Liberties street
- Christmas decoration theft caught on camera
- Pizza delivery man shot in Overbrook
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school
- Nelson Mandela dies at age 95
58 min ago
- Restaurant owner slashes robber with sushi...
51 min ago