Coatesville crime crackdown nets 2 dozen arrests (PHOTOS)
COATESVILLE, Pa. - September 13, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities have made two dozen arrests as part of an ongoing operation to stomp out major crimes in the Coatesville area.
Chester County District Attorney Tom Hogan explains that Operation Silent Night was launched in response to a spike in violent crime after Coatesville reduced its police force and lost its police chief.
PHOTOS of the suspects: Website and iPad visitors | Wireless visitors
Operation Silent Night has thus far resulted in 24 arrests for crimes including armed robbery, aggravated assault, witness intimidation and drug dealing.
"With the police department and understaffed and lacking a permanent police chief, Coatesville was in a crisis," said Hogan. "Chester County law enforcement stepped into the gap to give Coatesville PD time to get new leadership and start hiring new police officers."
Operation Silent Night is ongoing and more arrests are expected to be made.
coatesville, chester county, pennsylvania, robbery, assault, illegal drugs, local/state
- Homes damaged by Ocean County forest fire
- Winds Ease Overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Wedding crashers caught on camera
- Photo released of suspect in WCU indecent assault
- Forest fire up to 1500 acres in Cumberland Co.
- 2 attempted lurings near Upper Merion school
- 1 dead in shooting near Widener University
- Package prompts evacuation in Evesham
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police 17 min ago
- 3 American doctors killed in Afghanistan
- Photos: National Pretzel Day Art & Fun Facts
- School stops serving Mountain Dew before tests