Teen shot and killed in Philadelphia park
TIOGA-NICETOWN -September 13, 2012 (WPVI) -- A 16-year-old was shot and killed in the Tioga-Nicetown section of Philadelphia Thursday night.
Police say Darius Person was shot in the chest while sitting on a park bench near the intersection of Germantown Avenue and Saint Paul Street around 9:00 p.m. Thursday night.
He was transported to Temple University Hospital where he was pronounced dead.
Detectives have not released any information on a motive or a suspect in the shooting. The shooting remains under investigation.
philadelphia, tioga, nicetown, shooting, local/state
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Sunny and chilly
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mutilated animal found in North Philadelphia 58 min ago
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Man, 22, dies after shooting in Chester 39 min ago
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- SEPTA trolley collides with taxi in West Philadelphia
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ