Convenience store bandits caught on camera in NE Philadelphia
NORTHEAST PHILADELPHIA - September 14, 2012 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia Police are asking for help identifying three men who robbed a convenience store at gunpoint.
Two of them were caught on camera.
It happened September 4th at the Neighborhood Convenience Store at 13th and Filmore Streets in Northeast Philadelphia.
Police say the three pulled up around the corner from the store in a four-door Honda Civic. Surveillance video shows two men getting out of the car and walking into the store.
One of the men approached the counter and threatened the clerk with a gun. After stealing cash and cigarettes, both men left the store and were picked up by the third suspect, who was driving the Honda.
Police have released the following descriptions of the suspects:
-Suspect #1: Black male, 5'5"-5'8", dark complexion, wearing a dark colored hooded sweatshirt with an emblem on front and light colored blue jeans.
-Suspect #2: Black male, 5'5"-5'8", dark complexion, wearing a dark colored hooded sweatshirt and dark colored blue jeans.
-Suspect #3 (driver): No information available.
Police say if you see the suspects, you should not approach them, but instead call 911 immediately.
You can also submit tips by telephone at 215-686-TIPS (8477) or by text message at PPD TIP or 773847. You can also use this electronic form.
philadelphia, robbery, caught on camera, local/state
- School Closings & Delays
- Snow walloping Philadelphia area
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Storm brings snowy, icy conditions to Pa., NJ 1 min ago
- 1 dead, 50+ vehicles involved in Pa. Turnpike crashes
- Nearly 1 foot of snow in parts of Delaware 55 min ago
- Photos: Images of Sunday's winter storm 45 min ago
- Video: Widener U. students help stuck drivers
- Eagles beat Lions 34-20 in the snow
- Video: Time lapse of snow at the Linc
- 6abc.com Flight Tracker
- Man dressed as Santa struck, killed on I-95
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands