50-year-old bike rider hit by car in University City
PHILADELPHIA - September 14, 2012 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia Police are investigating an auto accident involving a pedestrian in University City Friday night.
It happened at the intersection of at 34th Street and University Avenue around 700 p.m.
Police say a 50-year-old man was riding a bike when he was struck by a vehicle.
He was taken to Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania with serious injuries.
The striking vehicle did stop.
pedestrian struck, accident, philadelphia, local/state
- Police: Delco 2nd grade teacher groped 2 girls
- AccuWeather: Thunderstorms possible today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Health officials: Drexel student died from meningitis 40 min ago
- DeCoatsworth seeks to withdraw guilty plea 46 min ago
- Mistrial declared in Philly priest sex-abuse case 38 min ago
- 2 dead after building explosion in New York City 24 min ago
- Montco student diagnosed with meningitis-causing infection 1 min ago
- Phila. cop charged with false imprisonment
- Fatal house fire in Coatesville, Chester County
- NJ teen who sued parents returns home
- Pa. state senator charged with misuse of office
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Co. carjacking suspect arrested after rush...
10 min ago
- Montco student diagnosed with...
1 min ago