50-year-old bike rider hit by car in University City
PHILADELPHIA - September 14, 2012 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia Police are investigating an auto accident involving a pedestrian in University City Friday night.
It happened at the intersection of at 34th Street and University Avenue around 700 p.m.
Police say a 50-year-old man was riding a bike when he was struck by a vehicle.
He was taken to Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania with serious injuries.
The striking vehicle did stop.
pedestrian struck, accident, philadelphia, local/state
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Frost Advisory Overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Water main break cancels Cheyney U. classes
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Tour bus catches fire in Galloway Twp.
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Rangers top Flyers in playoff opener 4-1