50-year-old bike rider hit by car in University City
PHILADELPHIA - September 14, 2012 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia Police are investigating an auto accident involving a pedestrian in University City Friday night.
It happened at the intersection of at 34th Street and University Avenue around 700 p.m.
Police say a 50-year-old man was riding a bike when he was struck by a vehicle.
He was taken to Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania with serious injuries.
The striking vehicle did stop.
pedestrian struck, accident, philadelphia, local/state
- Photos: 21 suspects ID'd in Collingdale drug sweep
- Foggy, cloudy, mild today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Missing mom, baby from Newark, Del. found
- Sinkhole opens up on Northern Liberties street 36 min ago
- Christmas decoration theft caught on camera
- No charges for FSU's Jameis Winston 22 min ago
- Pizza delivery man shot in Overbrook
- Missing Phila. boy hit by car in Upper Darby
- Chester Co. firefighters called to Md. pet shop fire
- Coffins unearthed at North Philly school
- Attack in Center City caught on camera
- Video: Topless woman chases peeper from Kohl's