Driver in custody for Wissinoming hit-and-run
WISSINOMING - September 15, 2012 (WPVI) -- Philadelphia police arrested a driver in connection to a hit-and-run in Wissinoming that left a motorcyclist in critical condition.
It happened around 2:00 Saturday morning near the intersection of Harbison Avenue and Comly Street.
The motorcyclist - a man in his 20s - was struck by a car and thrown from his bike. He was taken to Hahnemann Hospital in critical condition.
The striking vehicle fled the scene but was found on the 5300 block of Erdrick Street.
While the driver was taken into police custody, no formal charges have been filed.
philadelphia, accident, hit and run, motorcycles, local/state
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Finally, a nice weekend! 10 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pedestrian struck, killed in Delaware County
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
- Finally, a nice weekend!
10 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos