Man killed, women injured in motorcycle crash
Saturday, September 22, 2012
SAYREVILLE, N.J. (AP) - September 22, 2012 (WPVI) -- Authorities say a motorcyclist was killed and his female passenger was injured when they were thrown from the bike after it hit a curb in Middlesex County.Sayreville police say Nicholas Karcich, a 26-year-old borough resident, was pronounced dead at the scene shortly after the crash occurred around 12:30 a.m. Saturday. Karcich was southbound on Route 9 when he lost control of the motorcycle. It then skidded for about 225 feet, and both Karcich and his 28-year-old passenger, Angela Bongiovi of South River, were ejected during the spill.
Bongiovi was hospitalized with undisclosed injuries, and further details on her condition were not disclosed. The cause of the accident remains under investigation.
(Copyright ©2013 WPVI-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
motorcycles, accident, new jersey, local/state
- Cold today, Saturday looks snowy
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought
- Carjack suspect in custody in SW Phila.
- Driver crashes into police cruiser in Wilmington 58 min ago
- 2 injured in Vineland school bus crash
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- Woman admits to stealing packages from Delco homes
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- Video: Flyers fans receive greatest Christmas gift
- Beyonce releases new album on iTunes
6abc.com News Links