$4.1 million bid for Philly archdiocese NJ villa
Sunday, September 16, 2012
VENTNOR, N.J. (AP) - September 15, 2012 (WPVI) -- A sprawling beachfront villa in New Jersey auctioned off by the Archdiocese of Philadelphia has gone for $4.125 million after fierce bidding between local families and a developer.Winning bidders Steve and Ilene Berger of Newtown Square said Saturday that they would preserve the property as a family compound. Tom Croke, representing the archdiocese in its property distribution, acknowledged "lots of mixed feelings" about the sale of the 11-bedroom Villa St. Joseph in Ventnor, near Atlantic City, which has been a retreat for priests for half a century.
The bid is subject to final approvals, but real estate and archdiocese officials have indicated that the church would be inclined to accept any reasonable bid for the property, which was assessed at $6.2 million.
(Copyright ©2014 WPVI-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
philadelphia archdiocese, jersey shore, new jersey, local/state
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Sunny and chilly
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Mutilated animal found in North Philadelphia 21 min ago
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Man, 22, dies after shooting in Chester 2 min ago
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- SEPTA trolley collides with taxi in West Philadelphia
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
6abc.com News Links