Driver dies after losing control of vehicle
SOUTHWEST PHILADELPHIA - September 16, 2012 (WPVI) -- A man in his 20s is dead after an accident in Southwest Philadelphia.
The accident happened around 5:00 a.m. in the 7700 hundred block of Essington Avenue.
Police say the man was driving at high rate of speed when he lost control of his vehicle and ran off the street.
The car rolled several times before slamming into a number of trucks on the lot of a dealership.
The driver was pronounced dead at the scene.
There's no word on what caused the driver to lose control
The man's identity is being withheld until the family is notified.
philadelphia, southwest philadelphia, accident, local/state
- Search for missing college student from Collegeville
- Stray Shower, Patchy Fog Tonight
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Tornadoes hit Kansas, Oklahoma; no injuries reported
- Teen killed over iPad, 2 suspects arrested
- 15 motorcyclists arrested in NJ Turnpike chase
- Bear spotted in Bensalem, Bucks County
- 1 winning Powerball ticket sold in Florida
- Sketches released of Del. attempted abduction suspect
- Hofstra student killed by police during break-in
- NJ community joins forces to help 'storage locker' mom
- Woman faces DUI charges after NE Phila. crash
- Phillies rally for 3-2 over Reds