Driver dies after losing control of vehicle
SOUTHWEST PHILADELPHIA - September 16, 2012 (WPVI) -- A man in his 20s is dead after an accident in Southwest Philadelphia.
The accident happened around 5:00 a.m. in the 7700 hundred block of Essington Avenue.
Police say the man was driving at high rate of speed when he lost control of his vehicle and ran off the street.
The car rolled several times before slamming into a number of trucks on the lot of a dealership.
The driver was pronounced dead at the scene.
There's no word on what caused the driver to lose control
The man's identity is being withheld until the family is notified.
philadelphia, southwest philadelphia, accident, local/state
- Carolers sing to grant Pa. cancer patient's wish
- Record Warmth!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado high school dies
- 6 apartments destroyed in Wilmington fire
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in East Mt. Airy shooting
- $10K reward posted in Delco murder case
- Police search for missing Delco mother
- Woman arrested in fatal North Philly stabbing
- 4 charged with murder in NJ mall carjacking
- NASA astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Ransomeware a growing cyber threat for thousands
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ