Driver dies after losing control of vehicle
SOUTHWEST PHILADELPHIA - September 16, 2012 (WPVI) -- A man in his 20s is dead after an accident in Southwest Philadelphia.
The accident happened around 5:00 a.m. in the 7700 hundred block of Essington Avenue.
Police say the man was driving at high rate of speed when he lost control of his vehicle and ran off the street.
The car rolled several times before slamming into a number of trucks on the lot of a dealership.
The driver was pronounced dead at the scene.
There's no word on what caused the driver to lose control
The man's identity is being withheld until the family is notified.
philadelphia, southwest philadelphia, accident, local/state
- Photos: LATEST MAPS: 6+" in parts of NJ
- Winter's Last Blast
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Co-pilot spoke missing plane's last words
- Video: Annie McCormick: Snow in Atlantic City
- Video: Katherine Scott: Snow in Delaware
- Video: Car spins out on I-95 in South Phila.
- Woman, 98, injured in Powelton high-rise fire
- Police: Driver, who hit pedestrian, hit by car
- Delaware man suspected in 14 different thefts
- Photos: Suspects in Pa. 'street-level' drug sweep
- NJ salon customer allegedly attacks employees
- NJ state police trooper among 3 injured in crash