3-alarm house fire in Salem City
SALEM CITY, N.J. - September 16, 2012 (WPVI) -- Multiple firefighters were treated at the scene of a three alarm fire in Salem County, New Jersey.
It happened around 7:00 Sunday evening on the 100 block of Thompson Street in Salem City.
When firefighters arrived, they were were met with heavy flames coming from the home.
The fire department quickly struck the second and third alarms.
Neighboring homes were evacuated as the fire began to spread.
Multiple firefighters were treated at the scene for exhaustion. No other injuries were reported.
No word what sparked the blaze.
new jersey, salem county, fire, local/state
- Break dancers spark controversy on SEPTA trains
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- Paulsboro residents warned of contaminated water
- Pit bull found shot in NJ continues to recover
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- 3 injured in 2-alarm fire in Holmesburg
- Teen father arrested for biting nose off infant
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police