3-alarm house fire in Salem City
SALEM CITY, N.J. - September 16, 2012 (WPVI) -- Multiple firefighters were treated at the scene of a three alarm fire in Salem County, New Jersey.
It happened around 7:00 Sunday evening on the 100 block of Thompson Street in Salem City.
When firefighters arrived, they were were met with heavy flames coming from the home.
The fire department quickly struck the second and third alarms.
Neighboring homes were evacuated as the fire began to spread.
Multiple firefighters were treated at the scene for exhaustion. No other injuries were reported.
No word what sparked the blaze.
new jersey, salem county, fire, local/state
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Record Weekend Warmth
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- 1 dead after car plunges into lake in Vineland
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet?
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos