Man killed by Del. trooper after striking patrol car
HARRINGTON, Del. (AP) - September 16, 2012 (WPVI) -- State police in Delaware say a trooper shot and killed a Harrington man who deliberately rammed his SUV into the trooper's vehicle.
Police have identified the man as 42-year-old Angel Feliciano. He died at the scene of the shooting.
Police say Feliciano called a mobile crisis hotline and said he was armed and suicidal. Police responded and saw him in the driver's seat of an SUV.
Police say he drove off erratically and the trooper followed him. Police say Feliciano then accelerated the SUV directly toward the patrol car.
The trooper jumped out, and Feliciano's vehicle crashed into the patrol car. The trooper fired several shots, striking the vehicle and Feliciano.
The trooper is a 3-year veteran and has been placed on routine administrative leave.
delaware, kent county, accident, police, local/state
- 51 confirmed dead in Oklahoma tornado
- Partly sunny, warm and humid today
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- 25-year-old man shot dead in North Philadelphia 59 min ago
- Teen shot multiple times in Feltonville
- Pa. primary will settle municipal, judicial, races 7 min ago
- NJ ex-priest arrested after working with kids
- Surveillance of man stealing tractor in Franklin Township 11 min ago
- Center City high rise evacuated due to fire
- 15 motorcyclists arrested following NJ chase ID'd
- New sighting reported of missing student's car
- Man convicted of murder in Pa. musician's slaying
- Surveillance video released in food vendor murder