Man killed by Del. trooper after striking patrol car
HARRINGTON, Del. (AP) - September 16, 2012 (WPVI) -- State police in Delaware say a trooper shot and killed a Harrington man who deliberately rammed his SUV into the trooper's vehicle.
Police have identified the man as 42-year-old Angel Feliciano. He died at the scene of the shooting.
Police say Feliciano called a mobile crisis hotline and said he was armed and suicidal. Police responded and saw him in the driver's seat of an SUV.
Police say he drove off erratically and the trooper followed him. Police say Feliciano then accelerated the SUV directly toward the patrol car.
The trooper jumped out, and Feliciano's vehicle crashed into the patrol car. The trooper fired several shots, striking the vehicle and Feliciano.
The trooper is a 3-year veteran and has been placed on routine administrative leave.
delaware, kent county, accident, police, local/state
- Nelson Mandela dies at age 95
- Wet to Wintry
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Photos: Nelson Mandela: Through the years
- Police raid alleged chop shop in North Philadelphia
- Restaurant owner slashes robber with sushi knife
- Feds accused of targeting minorities in stash house stings
- Center City rape victims speaks to Action News
- Surveillance: Christmas packages stolen from home
- Christmas decoration theft caught on camera
- Fmr. Marine's murder suspect held on $2M bail
- Photos: 21 suspects ID'd in Collingdale drug sweep
- Arrest in theft of Porsche part from Walker crash