Man killed by Del. trooper after striking patrol car
HARRINGTON, Del. (AP) - September 16, 2012 (WPVI) -- State police in Delaware say a trooper shot and killed a Harrington man who deliberately rammed his SUV into the trooper's vehicle.
Police have identified the man as 42-year-old Angel Feliciano. He died at the scene of the shooting.
Police say Feliciano called a mobile crisis hotline and said he was armed and suicidal. Police responded and saw him in the driver's seat of an SUV.
Police say he drove off erratically and the trooper followed him. Police say Feliciano then accelerated the SUV directly toward the patrol car.
The trooper jumped out, and Feliciano's vehicle crashed into the patrol car. The trooper fired several shots, striking the vehicle and Feliciano.
The trooper is a 3-year veteran and has been placed on routine administrative leave.
delaware, kent county, accident, police, local/state
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall
- Milder Monday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Victim shot 7 times in Kensington
- 1 dead, 1 injured in Winslow Twp. crash
- Mutilated animal found in Brewerytown
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
- 2 wounded in daytime shooting in Trenton
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- 2 dozen injured as California school stage falls
- Del. worker hospitalized after pretzel factory accident
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ