Man killed by Del. trooper after striking patrol car
HARRINGTON, Del. (AP) - September 16, 2012 (WPVI) -- State police in Delaware say a trooper shot and killed a Harrington man who deliberately rammed his SUV into the trooper's vehicle.
Police have identified the man as 42-year-old Angel Feliciano. He died at the scene of the shooting.
Police say Feliciano called a mobile crisis hotline and said he was armed and suicidal. Police responded and saw him in the driver's seat of an SUV.
Police say he drove off erratically and the trooper followed him. Police say Feliciano then accelerated the SUV directly toward the patrol car.
The trooper jumped out, and Feliciano's vehicle crashed into the patrol car. The trooper fired several shots, striking the vehicle and Feliciano.
The trooper is a 3-year veteran and has been placed on routine administrative leave.
delaware, kent county, accident, police, local/state
- Fmr. Devon Prep teacher faces child porn charges 1 min ago
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Eye doc grew pot in Delco home, police say 27 min ago
- Apparent misunderstanding in police shooting 52 min ago
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt
- 3 shot during funeral at Trenton church
- Photo released of anti-Semetic vandalism suspect 41 min ago
- 6abc viewer helps police nab $18K jewelry suspect
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Video: Video gamer is the victim of SWATting hoax
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Apparent misunderstanding in police shooting
52 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos