Driver crashes into trolley in Northern Liberties
NORTHERN LIBERTIES - September 17, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating an accident that left a woman trapped in an SUV after slamming into a SEPTA trolley early Monday morning in Northern Liberties.
The crash occurred just before 2:00 a.m. at the intersection of 6th and Girard Avenue.
Police say a 32-year-old woman driving an SUV collided with the rear end of a SEPTA trolley, knocking it off its tracks.
According to officials, two men in the SUV fled the scene leaving the woman trapped in the SUV.
The woman had to be extricated from the vehicle and was taken to the hospital and is listed in stable condition.
The trolley operator was not seriously hurt and there were no passengers onboard.There is no word on whether the police have caught the men who left the scene of the accident.
SEPTA, accident, northern liberties, philadelphia, local/state
- Apparent misunderstanding in police shooting 41 min ago
- Mostly sunny, very windy today
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Detectives serve warrants at Chester police station
- New 'object of interest' in missing jet hunt
- 3 shot during funeral at Trenton church
- Serial burglar strikes South Phila. businesses
- 6abc viewer helps police nab $18K jewelry suspect
- Police release surveillance of Target heist
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Video: Video gamer is the victim of SWATting hoax
- Video: Dying dog in Canada has bucket list
- What would you ask Mayor Nutter?
- Apparent misunderstanding in police shooting
41 min ago
- Fire damages corner store in North Phila.
44 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos