Driver crashes into trolley in Northern Liberties
NORTHERN LIBERTIES - September 17, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating an accident that left a woman trapped in an SUV after slamming into a SEPTA trolley early Monday morning in Northern Liberties.
The crash occurred just before 2:00 a.m. at the intersection of 6th and Girard Avenue.
Police say a 32-year-old woman driving an SUV collided with the rear end of a SEPTA trolley, knocking it off its tracks.
According to officials, two men in the SUV fled the scene leaving the woman trapped in the SUV.
The woman had to be extricated from the vehicle and was taken to the hospital and is listed in stable condition.
The trolley operator was not seriously hurt and there were no passengers onboard.There is no word on whether the police have caught the men who left the scene of the accident.
SEPTA, accident, northern liberties, philadelphia, local/state
- 911 recordings released in Ewing Twp. explosion
- Brief Surge of Mild Air
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Gas leak, evacuations reported in Frankford 58 min ago
- Man,90, dies in Hamilton Township house fire
- Partial house collapse in Strawberry Mansion
- 2 injured in NJ Turnpike crash in Mt. Laurel
- Autopsy results released in death of trooper's wife
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Pa. woman born at Burger King seeks birth mom
- Vietnam vet's therapy dog missing in Lehigh Valley
- Photos: 7 recent child porn arrests in Pa.and Del.
- Photos: Thwarted! 10 suspects caught in the act
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos