Driver crashes into trolley in Northern Liberties
NORTHERN LIBERTIES - September 17, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating an accident that left a woman trapped in an SUV after slamming into a SEPTA trolley early Monday morning in Northern Liberties.
The crash occurred just before 2:00 a.m. at the intersection of 6th and Girard Avenue.
Police say a 32-year-old woman driving an SUV collided with the rear end of a SEPTA trolley, knocking it off its tracks.
According to officials, two men in the SUV fled the scene leaving the woman trapped in the SUV.
The woman had to be extricated from the vehicle and was taken to the hospital and is listed in stable condition.
The trolley operator was not seriously hurt and there were no passengers onboard.There is no word on whether the police have caught the men who left the scene of the accident.
SEPTA, accident, northern liberties, philadelphia, local/state
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids 17 min ago
- Freeze Warning overnight
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Trash truck overturns on Rt. 130 in Pennsauken 1 min ago
- Kensington chocolate factory shut down by City
- Mom sought after daughter, 11, shot and killed 42 min ago
- Voorhees police need help identifying this man 26 min ago
- Burlco man charged in brother's hit-and-run death
- Boy dies after Mayfair drowning incident 42 min ago
- Suspects sought for shooting into home 15 min ago
- Search for missing teenager in Camden
- Chestnut Hill College student found dead
- Made In America Festival in Philly and LA
- Suspects sought for shooting into home
15 min ago
- Saving with 6abc: Shopping seasonally
37 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos