Driver crashes into trolley in Northern Liberties
NORTHERN LIBERTIES - September 17, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating an accident that left a woman trapped in an SUV after slamming into a SEPTA trolley early Monday morning in Northern Liberties.
The crash occurred just before 2:00 a.m. at the intersection of 6th and Girard Avenue.
Police say a 32-year-old woman driving an SUV collided with the rear end of a SEPTA trolley, knocking it off its tracks.
According to officials, two men in the SUV fled the scene leaving the woman trapped in the SUV.
The woman had to be extricated from the vehicle and was taken to the hospital and is listed in stable condition.
The trolley operator was not seriously hurt and there were no passengers onboard.There is no word on whether the police have caught the men who left the scene of the accident.
SEPTA, accident, northern liberties, philadelphia, local/state
- Derailed train car blocking road in South Coatesville 25 min ago
- Brisk And Cold
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 million dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Suspects caught on camera prior to car theft
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall
- Girl kidnapped, freed in Reading; suspect at large 29 min ago
- Water main break causes river of ice in Cherry Hill
- On video: Burglars steal drugs in Hunting Park
- Gloucester Twp. school put on precautionary lockout
- Husband charged with wife's murder in Bethlehem
- Tourist distracted by Facebook falls off pier
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies