Driver crashes into trolley in Northern Liberties
NORTHERN LIBERTIES - September 17, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police are investigating an accident that left a woman trapped in an SUV after slamming into a SEPTA trolley early Monday morning in Northern Liberties.
The crash occurred just before 2:00 a.m. at the intersection of 6th and Girard Avenue.
Police say a 32-year-old woman driving an SUV collided with the rear end of a SEPTA trolley, knocking it off its tracks.
According to officials, two men in the SUV fled the scene leaving the woman trapped in the SUV.
The woman had to be extricated from the vehicle and was taken to the hospital and is listed in stable condition.
The trolley operator was not seriously hurt and there were no passengers onboard.There is no word on whether the police have caught the men who left the scene of the accident.
SEPTA, accident, northern liberties, philadelphia, local/state
- Body found in home of Philadelphia attorney
- Clear, Still Breezy Tonight
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Delco girl still awaiting transplant 18-months later
- 1 dead in I-495 crash in Claymont, Delaware
- 7-year-old critically injured in SW Phila. house fire
- NE Phila. couple stabbed at home, son arrested
- Neighbor rescues woman in West Oak Lane fire
- Amber Alert for Pottsville teen canceled
- San Antonio flooding kills 2; hundreds rescued
- French soldier stabbed in throat outside Paris
- Knife-wielding man shot, killed in Oxford Circle
- Start to 1st summer after Sandy at NJ shore
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos