Police search for missing elderly man in N.J.
LAWRENCEVILLE, N.J. - September 17, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police in Lawrenceville, Mercer County, New Jersey need your help in finding a missing elderly man.
Officials say, 87-year-old Vernon F. Melville was reported missing by his family on Saturday.
He was last seen telling a neighbor he was going for a walk around the block but he never returned.
Police say a signal from his cell phone was received in the Baltimore area on Saturday. A second signal was picked up Sunday in Wilmington, Delaware.
Melville is believed to be carrying a wallet with identification. He is on blood pressure medication but does not have it with him.
Melville is described as a black male, 5'07" tall and weighing 150 pounds.
He was last seen in Lawrenceville, N.J. wearing a plaid shirt, tan jacket, and a hat. He wears glasses and walks with a cane.
Melville has been known to travel by bus in the past and has family in Virginia, Texas, and New Jersey.
Anyone who may have seen Melville is asked to call their local police department and call the Lawrence Police at (609) 896-1111.
missing person, new jersey, local/state
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- Slightly Cooler Sunday
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Police: Deadly shooting at after-hours bar
- PSU trustee resigns, regrets Paterno vote
- Mom of Tasered teen arrested for shoplifting
- Jet crash: Oil slicks found; Passports stolen
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ