Man sought for indecent assault in Old City
OLD CITY - September 17, 2012 (WPVI) -- The Philadelphia Police Special Victims Unit is looking for a suspect after a woman was indecently assaulted in Old City.
The attack happened around 2:45 a.m. on Sunday, September 9th on 2nd Street between Race and Arch streets.
Police say the victim, a 26-year-old woman, was walking on 2nd when she was approached by an unknown man.
That man indecently assaulted her and then tried to steal her purse, but was unsuccessful.
The suspect remains at large. He is described as a white male in his mid 20s to early 30s. He stands 5'7" to 5'10" tall and weighs 155 to 165 pounds.
He has a medium build with a dark stubble beard and short, dark hair. He wore light-colored sneakers and khaki shorts.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Special Victims Unit at 215-685-3251 or 215-685-3252.
philadelphia, old city, local/state
- Derailed train car blocking road in South Coatesville 30 min ago
- Brisk And Cold 16 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Arrest in deadly June shooting in West Philadelphia
- 2 million-dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del. 18 min ago
- Suspects caught on camera prior to car theft
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall
- Girl kidnapped, freed in Reading; suspect at large 19 min ago
- Water main break causes river of ice in Cherry Hill 23 min ago
- On video: Burglars steal drugs in Hunting Park
- Husband charged with wife's murder in Bethlehem
- Tourist distracted by Facebook falls off pier
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies
- Brisk And Cold
16 min ago
- Raising healthy kids: Radiation exposure
1 min ago
- Truck stuck under RR overpass in Bensalem
9 min ago
- Girl kidnapped, freed in Reading; suspect...
19 min ago