Man sought for indecent assault in Old City
OLD CITY - September 17, 2012 (WPVI) -- The Philadelphia Police Special Victims Unit is looking for a suspect after a woman was indecently assaulted in Old City.
The attack happened around 2:45 a.m. on Sunday, September 9th on 2nd Street between Race and Arch streets.
Police say the victim, a 26-year-old woman, was walking on 2nd when she was approached by an unknown man.
That man indecently assaulted her and then tried to steal her purse, but was unsuccessful.
The suspect remains at large. He is described as a white male in his mid 20s to early 30s. He stands 5'7" to 5'10" tall and weighs 155 to 165 pounds.
He has a medium build with a dark stubble beard and short, dark hair. He wore light-colored sneakers and khaki shorts.
Anyone with information is asked to call the Special Victims Unit at 215-685-3251 or 215-685-3252.
philadelphia, old city, local/state
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate
- Breezy And Mild!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2 couples robbed at gunpoint in North Philly
- Fire forces 11 people from their homes
- Driver crashes SUV into pole in East Falls, DUI suspected
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike 52 min ago
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Boyd Theatre to be demolished, rebuilt
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos