Teen burglars caught in the act in Delaware
WILMINGTON, Del. - September 17, 2012 (WPVI) -- Two teenage boys are in custody after police say they caught them burglarizing a home in Wilmington.
Officers descended on the 1900 block Sycamore Street at 10:35 a.m. Monday after a passerby saw two boys trying to break into a home and called police.
As police pulled up to the house, one of the officers saw a teenage boy trying to climb out of a window. Police say when the boy saw police he climbed back inside.
The officer then climbed in the window himself to let other officers in.
Police say the two burglars, ages 16 and 17, were sitting on the living room couch waiting to surrender.
They were in police custody Monday night. Charges and bail were pending.
burglary, teens, delaware, local/state
- Upping Saturday's snowfall projections 14 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app 1 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Chase ends near Sports Complex; suspects sought
- Police: Driver dies in crash after fleeing 2 others 19 min ago
- Laundromat robbed in Cedarbrook
- Video captures Manayunk market break-in 1 min ago
- Carjack suspect in custody in SW Phila.
- Driver crashes into police cruiser in Wilmington
- 3rd person dies after I-95 crash in Lawrence, N.J.
- No charges against officers in teen Tasering
- DA: Charges coming in fatal frat ritual in Poconos
- Video: Flyers fans receive greatest Christmas gift
- Upping Saturday's snowfall projections
14 min ago