Teen burglars caught in the act in Delaware
WILMINGTON, Del. - September 17, 2012 (WPVI) -- Two teenage boys are in custody after police say they caught them burglarizing a home in Wilmington.
Officers descended on the 1900 block Sycamore Street at 10:35 a.m. Monday after a passerby saw two boys trying to break into a home and called police.
As police pulled up to the house, one of the officers saw a teenage boy trying to climb out of a window. Police say when the boy saw police he climbed back inside.
The officer then climbed in the window himself to let other officers in.
Police say the two burglars, ages 16 and 17, were sitting on the living room couch waiting to surrender.
They were in police custody Monday night. Charges and bail were pending.
burglary, teens, delaware, local/state
- China-bound Malaysian jet vanishes with 239 aboard
- Get ready for a break from the winter chill
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Pedestrian struck, killed in Delaware County
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- Boyfriend arrested in Gloucester Co. murder
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Chaput, Nutter, Corbett announce Vatican trip
- 3 arrests in Cumberland Co. arsons
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: Arrests in warrant sweep, jewel theft, more
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos