Motorcycle and car collide in NE Philadelphia, 1 dead
NORTHEAST PHILADELPHIA - September 17, 2012 (WPVI) -- One person was killed and two others injured after a motorcycle collided with a car in Northeast Philadelphia.
It happened in the 8300 block of State Road at about 3:15 p.m. Monday.
Police say a motorcyclist was apparently trying to avoid a tractor trailer that was making a turn when he struck a car.
The motorcycle driver, a man in his 20s, and his female passenger, 23, were both rushed to Aria Torresdale in critical condition. The driver was pronounced dead a short time later.
The 72-year-old driver of the car was taken to Hahnemann University hospital with a leg injury.
An investigation is underway.
philadelphia, accident, motorcycles, local/state
- Derailed train car blocking road in South Coatesville 21 min ago
- Brisk And Cold
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 million dollar tickets sold in NJ, 1 in Del.
- Suspects caught on camera prior to car theft
- Guide dog saves blind man after subway track fall
- Girl kidnapped, freed in Reading; suspect at large 25 min ago
- Water main break causes river of ice in Cherry Hill
- On video: Burglars steal drugs in Hunting Park
- Gloucester Twp. school put on precautionary lockout
- Husband charged with wife's murder in Bethlehem
- Tourist distracted by Facebook falls off pier
- Phila. attorney Charles Peruto, Sr. dies