Tempers flare at hearing for accused baby killer in NJ
ATLANTIC CITY, N.J. - September 17, 2012 (WPVI) -- Tempers flared at a court hearing Monday for an Atlantic City man charged in the death of his girlfriend's baby.
Aggravated manslaughter charges were filed Saturday against 19-year-old Daquan Davis.
Prosecutors say Davis shook his girlfriend's infant son to death.
Davis also faces child endangerment charges in the death of the 6-month-old child.
Acting County Prosecutor Jim McClain says Davis was caring for the infant while the child's mother was at work. When she returned home around 4 a.m. Friday, she found the boy was unresponsive and called 911.
The child was pronounced dead a short time later, and authorities were notified.
A joint investigation by the prosecutor's office and Atlantic City authorities ensued, and Davis was arrested late Friday night.
He is being held on $750,000 bail.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
new jersey, atlantic city, baby death, children, local/state
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysian jet
- Finally, a nice weekend!
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Police: Bucks Co. mom arrested for Walmart theft
- 5 wounded and hospitalized in Trenton shooting
- Woman trapped after crashing SUV in Darby Boro
- Pa. Trooper's pregnant wife killed by gun discharge
- Suspect sketch in fatal Collingdale hit-and-run
- 2 arrested, 1 sought after cop hit by car in Delco
- West Philadelphia body ID'd as missing woman
- UPenn's Foal Cam gives LIVE view into horse's birth
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Video: President Obama impersonator meets the real... 19 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos