Multi-alarm fire at Cherry Hill, NJ townhomes
CHERRY HILL, N.J. - September 17, 2012 (WPVI) -- A multi-alarm fire damaged five townhomes at a development in Cherry Hill, N.J.
The blaze broke out around 5:00 p.m. Monday at the Garden State Park community in the 1500 block of Preakness Court.
By 5:30 p.m. it had gone to three alarms.
Images from 6abc's Sky6 Center City camera showed thick black smoke rising over the Cherry Hill horizon at the height of the blaze.
It took crews about an hour to get it under control. One firefighter was taken to the hospital to get stitches.
An investigation into the cause is now underway.
The Red Cross is helping five families displaced by the fire.
new jersey, fire, cherry hill, local/state
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket 5 min ago
- Turning Milder
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Video captures Laundromat robbery
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Cat hoarder at Grace Kelly home found guilty
- Arsonist tries to torch atheist billboard in NJ 38 min ago
- Teacher admits to sex with 4 students
- On video: Armed robber fails after KFC workers flee
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- Phil Robertson off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- Barbara Walters' Most Fascinating Person revealed
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos