Multi-alarm fire at Cherry Hill, NJ townhomes
CHERRY HILL, N.J. - September 17, 2012 (WPVI) -- A multi-alarm fire damaged five townhomes at a development in Cherry Hill, N.J.
The blaze broke out around 5:00 p.m. Monday at the Garden State Park community in the 1500 block of Preakness Court.
By 5:30 p.m. it had gone to three alarms.
Images from 6abc's Sky6 Center City camera showed thick black smoke rising over the Cherry Hill horizon at the height of the blaze.
It took crews about an hour to get it under control. One firefighter was taken to the hospital to get stitches.
An investigation into the cause is now underway.
The Red Cross is helping five families displaced by the fire.
new jersey, fire, cherry hill, local/state
- Photos: Pictures from Easter Sunday services 4 min ago
- AccuWeather: Easter to be comfortable, breezy
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Video: 5,000 turn out for Easter service in Mt. Airy 6 min ago
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter 2 min ago
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Man shot, killed in Gloucester Twp. apartment
- Man found shot in minivan in Tioga-Nicetown 2 min ago
- Girl hospitalized after near-drowning in Philly hotel
- 2 injured after car hits Camden police cruiser
- Man targeted in Collingdale hit-and-run ID'd
- Divers pull more bodies from sunken South Korean ferry
- Video: Snowmobiler charged by angry moose
- 5,000 turn out for Easter service in Mt. Airy
6 min ago