Police seek person of interest in Dover homicide
DOVER, Del. - September 18, 2012 (WPVI) -- Police in Dover, Delaware are looking for a person of interest in connection with a homicide late Monday night
Investigators say it was around 10:45 p.m. when officers responded to a female caller who said she had been abducted from a residence in the 100 block of Acorn Lane.
She also told police that a man at the home was assaulted during the incident, which she described as a home invasion.
Police went to the Acorn Lane address and found a 59-year-old man dead inside.
The exact cause of that man's death is unknown pending an autopsy. His identity has not been released.
On Tuesday morning, police released a photo of a person of interest in this case as the investigation continues.
Anyone with information about the incident or the photograph is asked to contact the Dover Police Department at (302) 736-7111, Delaware Crime Stoppers at 1-800-TIP-3333 or online at www.tipsubmit.com
delaware, dover, homicide, local/state
- Photos: Maps of Monday's expected snow
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday 3 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike 21 min ago
- Break dancers spark controversy on SEPTA trains
- Paulsboro residents warned of contaminated water 34 min ago
- Missing plane: Piracy theory gains more credence 19 min ago
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL 32 min ago
- 3 injured in 2-alarm fire in Holmesburg 58 min ago
- Students evacuated in Camden H.S. gas leak
- Police investigate death of toddler at Del. daycare
- Teen father arrested for biting nose off infant
- 5 arrested after Logan murder, standoff
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
21 min ago
- Paulsboro residents warned of contaminated...
34 min ago
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday
3 min ago