Traveling preacher to face child rape trial in Pa.
BEDFORD, Pa. (AP) -September 19, 2012 (WPVI) -- A traveling preacher accused of raping an 11-year-old girl at a western Pennsylvania hotel is set to stand trial.
The Rev. Walter Bradshaw faces 23 counts in his trial scheduled to begin Wednesday in Bedford County Court.
Investigators say Bradshaw, of Lexington, N.C., sexually assaulted the girl in a Bedford hotel in 2007 or 2008. He was arrested in 2010 after the girl reported the alleged encounter.
Authorities say Bradshaw was in the area for revival meetings at the time of the assault.
The girl's mother pleaded no-contest in April to charges including endangerment and soliciting perjury. Investigators say she knew Bradshaw intended to have sex with her daughter then encouraged the girl to lie to police.
Defense attorney Thomas Crawford tells The Altoona Mirror (http://bit.ly/Oc8Ckv ) his client is innocent.
children, rape, pennsylvania, local/state
- Actor James Gandolfini dies at 51 3 min ago
- Splendid spring finale
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Get the new 6abc StormTracker app
- Boy, 6, hit by car in East Oak Lane
- Villanova lockdown over, all suspects in custody 59 min ago
- Crackdown on illegal street vendors in W. Phila.
- Pregnant woman, 2 others shot in N. Phila. 48 min ago
- Back yard bear prompts photos, videos 5 min ago
- Men's Wearhouse ousts founder, pitchman Zimmer
- 20 people charged in Ocean Co. heroin raids
- 15 charged in NJ unemployment fraud case
- AMA declares obesity a disease [POLL]
- Video: Phila. choir shares stage with Rolling Stones
- Villanova lockdown over, all suspects in...
59 min ago
- Pregnant woman, 2 others shot in N. Phila.
48 min ago
- Back yard bear prompts photos, videos
5 min ago