Traveling preacher to face child rape trial in Pa.
BEDFORD, Pa. (AP) -September 19, 2012 (WPVI) -- A traveling preacher accused of raping an 11-year-old girl at a western Pennsylvania hotel is set to stand trial.
The Rev. Walter Bradshaw faces 23 counts in his trial scheduled to begin Wednesday in Bedford County Court.
Investigators say Bradshaw, of Lexington, N.C., sexually assaulted the girl in a Bedford hotel in 2007 or 2008. He was arrested in 2010 after the girl reported the alleged encounter.
Authorities say Bradshaw was in the area for revival meetings at the time of the assault.
The girl's mother pleaded no-contest in April to charges including endangerment and soliciting perjury. Investigators say she knew Bradshaw intended to have sex with her daughter then encouraged the girl to lie to police.
Defense attorney Thomas Crawford tells The Altoona Mirror (http://bit.ly/Oc8Ckv ) his client is innocent.
children, rape, pennsylvania, local/state
- Multi-vehicle crash on Schuylkill Expressway 30 min ago
- Warmer Weekend
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Overbrook shooting 19 min ago
- Arrest in death of retired Villanova professor 49 min ago
- Runway littered with holiday mail
- Student robbed at gunpoint inside Philly school
- Missing 2-year-old found, mom's ex-boyfriend arrested
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish 53 min ago
- Pa. Turnpike reopens after multi-vehicle crash
- Fmr. Montco GOP chairman to stand trial for rape
- Free diner for sale in Lawrence Twp., NJ
- Dealer charged with selling Sandy damaged cars