Traveling preacher to face child rape trial in Pa.
BEDFORD, Pa. (AP) -September 19, 2012 (WPVI) -- A traveling preacher accused of raping an 11-year-old girl at a western Pennsylvania hotel is set to stand trial.
The Rev. Walter Bradshaw faces 23 counts in his trial scheduled to begin Wednesday in Bedford County Court.
Investigators say Bradshaw, of Lexington, N.C., sexually assaulted the girl in a Bedford hotel in 2007 or 2008. He was arrested in 2010 after the girl reported the alleged encounter.
Authorities say Bradshaw was in the area for revival meetings at the time of the assault.
The girl's mother pleaded no-contest in April to charges including endangerment and soliciting perjury. Investigators say she knew Bradshaw intended to have sex with her daughter then encouraged the girl to lie to police.
Defense attorney Thomas Crawford tells The Altoona Mirror (http://bit.ly/Oc8Ckv ) his client is innocent.
children, rape, pennsylvania, local/state
- Montco hall closes weeks before bride's wedding
- Clouds to sun, cool today 8 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Driver killed in collision with Taxi Cab in Olney 31 min ago
- Water main break cancels Cheyney U. classes
- Search continues for robbers in armored car heist
- 1 dead, 1 wounded in Crescentville shooting
- Stalkers have QVC host living in fear
- McNabb serves 1-day sentence after DUI arrest
- 13 pound baby born at Delco hospital
- Tour bus catches fire in Galloway Twp.
- Police: NJ mom drives van into river with 3 kids
- WWII vet gets anonymous surprise in Bucks Co.
- Clouds to sun, cool today
8 min ago