Pa. man pleads in crash that killed passenger
READING, Pa. (AP) - September 19, 2012 (WPVI) -- A Pennsylvania man who crashed while fleeing police earlier this year is to spend at least five years in prison for the death of his passenger.
Abelino Rodriguez pleaded guilty to vehicular homicide Tuesday in the death of Kenneth Courter. A third-degree murder charge was dropped as a result of his plea.
Courter was removed from life-support five days after the Feb. 22 crash. Police say Rodriguez threw a brick through a bar window after he and Courter got kicked out. Investigators say he sped away from police before crashing into a minivan.
Rodriguez described victim Courter as like a brother to him and said his actions were a mistake he can't take back. Courter's mother, Patricia Ashley, tells the Reading Eagle (http://bit.ly/PT6mxt ) she has forgiven Rodriguez.
accident, pennsylvania, local/state
- Oklahoma tornado was top-of-the-scale EF-5 50 min ago
- Steamy Situation 41 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Oklahoma Tornado: How to help and avoid scams 26 min ago
- Local search and rescue team helping in Oklahoma 27 min ago
- Rob Jennings to retire after 36 Years at 6abc
- Police: 2 caught red-handed in Radnor burlgary 28 min ago
- Box of ammo explodes, injuring man in Del.
- Couple charged in theft of $854K from township 29 min ago
- Prosecutor: Prison can't hold Savage's rage
- NJ ex-priest jailed after working with kids
- Skippack student may have 'voluntarily' vanished
- New push to revitalize West Philly's Lancaster Ave. 30 min ago
- Oklahoma tornado was top-of-the-scale EF-5
50 min ago
- Oklahoma Tornado: How to help and avoid scams
26 min ago
- Local search and rescue team helping in...
27 min ago
- Police: 2 caught red-handed in Radnor...
28 min ago