Passenger killed when driver tries to avoid deer
SEAFORD, Del. (AP) -September 20, 2012 (WPVI) -- Delaware State Police are investigating after a Bridgeville man was killed when the car he was riding in swerved to avoid two deer in the road.
It happened about 2:20 a.m. Wednesday on Hastings Farm Road in Seaford. Troopers say 23-year-old James Serge of Seaford was driving south when he saw two deer standing in his path.
Police say Serge braked and swerved, causing the vehicle to leave the wet road, hit a driveway pillar and a brick abutment.
Officers say Serge was ejected from the car, which continued down an embankment and hit a tree.
A passenger in Serge's car, 28-year-old Gamson Milce, was pronounced dead at the scene. Officers say Serge is in stable condition at a local hospital.
animals, accident, delaware, local/state
- Photos: Maps of Monday's expected snow
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday 15 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Renovation competitors fight at Phila. fire scenes
- Moving day for Oak Lane Garden residents
- SEPTA union agrees to delay strike
- 1 critical after being shot multiple times in Wilmington
- 100 plus weight loss journey to healthy living
- Boyd Theatre to be demolished, rebuilt
- Phila. Police search for suspect in Rite Aid robbery
- Malaysian leader: plane's disappearance deliberate 32 min ago
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- Photos: Suspects wanted by Philadelphia Police
- Snow likely Sunday into Monday
15 min ago