UD police investigate campus car break-ins
NEWARK, Del. - September 20, 2012 (WPVI) -- University of Delaware police are investigating a series of thefts that took place on the south campus parking lots Wednesday morning.
The break-ins happened between 11:00 a.m. and noon.
Police say someone broke into several parked cars on the campus.
According to officials, the suspect backed in next to the vehicles, shattered the glass and then entered the vehicles, removing stereos and parts.
UD Police have released a surveillance photo that shows a vehicle connected to the incidents, a white SUV, possibly a Saturn Vue.
Anyone with questions or information is asked to contact UD Police at 302-831-2222.
The University community is reminding folks to follow basic safety tips:
* Lock your doors.
* Don't leave valuables, such as computers, telephones or text books, in plain view.
* Park in well lit densely populated areas
* Be on the lookout for anyone who looks out of place and call 911 immediately to report any suspicious behavior.
college, delaware, local/state
- Parking dispute turns violent at Cherry Hill Mall 8 min ago
- Sunny and chilly 37 min ago
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- WATCH: Action News Online
- Residents return following Bucks Co. hazmat
- Suspect SUV in deadly hit and run caught on camera
- SEPTA trolley collides with taxi in West Philadelphia
- Man gets pinned under van in Logan crash
- Man seriously injured in crash on Roosevelt Blvd.
- Gunfire erupts on Delaware Ave. near SugarHouse Casino
- Off-duty cop shoots man during fight
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Actress Sheila MacRae of 'Honeymooners' dies at 92
- Photos: $3.25M summer home in Ocean City, NJ
- Sunny and chilly
37 min ago