UD police investigate campus car break-ins
NEWARK, Del. - September 20, 2012 (WPVI) -- University of Delaware police are investigating a series of thefts that took place on the south campus parking lots Wednesday morning.
The break-ins happened between 11:00 a.m. and noon.
Police say someone broke into several parked cars on the campus.
According to officials, the suspect backed in next to the vehicles, shattered the glass and then entered the vehicles, removing stereos and parts.
UD Police have released a surveillance photo that shows a vehicle connected to the incidents, a white SUV, possibly a Saturn Vue.
Anyone with questions or information is asked to contact UD Police at 302-831-2222.
The University community is reminding folks to follow basic safety tips:
* Lock your doors.
* Don't leave valuables, such as computers, telephones or text books, in plain view.
* Park in well lit densely populated areas
* Be on the lookout for anyone who looks out of place and call 911 immediately to report any suspicious behavior.
college, delaware, local/state
- Multi-vehicle crash closes EB Pa. Turnpike 1 min ago
- Temps Soar
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery 34 min ago
- Quick moving blaze damages house in West Philly
- 1 dead after car plunges into lake in Vineland
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- Over 75 injured in partial London theater collapse
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet? 42 min ago
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Temps Soar
- 2 men sought in Deptford Twp. hotel robbery
34 min ago