Escaped prisoner surrenders in Philadelphia
Friday, September 21, 2012
PHILADELPHIA - September 21, 2012 (WPVI) -- The manhunt for an escaped Philadelphia prisoner has ended Friday night.Philadelphia police say escaped prisoner Felix Gonzalez turned himself in to the East Detective Division Friday along with his attorney. According to authorities, 21-year-old Felix Gonzalez of the 3300 block of Kip Street switched armbands with another prisoner and escaped from police custody around 10:30 a.m. Thursday inside the 25th district headquarters at 3901 Whitaker Avenue.
Gonzalez was arrested on Wednesday, September 19 for narcotics violations and charged with Possession with Intent to Deliver and related offenses. Gonzalez was being held on $50,000 bail.
(Copyright ©2013 WPVI-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
philadelphia, prison escape, police, local/state
- London theater partially collapses; 80 injured
- Record Weekend Warmth
- Get the 6abc StormTracker app
- 2013 Troop Greetings
- Security breach affected all cards, not just Target's
- Steps you can take to reduce fraud risk
- Is heroin addiction as close as your medicine cabinet? 7 min ago
- Philadelphia Police search for missing 2-year-old boy 35 min ago
- Attempted child luring in Newtown, Bucks County
- Holiday tips, cards stolen in East Pikeland Twp.
- Pastor defrocked after performing son's gay wedding
- Cat hoarder at Grace Kelly home found guilty
- 50 coworkers in Del. to split $1M Mega Millions ticket
- Bring old clothes to new H&M for savings
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos