Roosevelt Blvd. water main break repaired
NORTHEAST PHILADELPHIA - September 21, 2012 (WPVI) -- A water main break that had some lanes of the Roosevelt Boulevard closed earlier Friday has been repaired.
The water department says the 12-inch water main broke around 2:00 a.m. under the sidewalk at Winchester Avenue in Northeast Philadelphia.
Workers had to dig down several feet into the roadway to reach the cracked main.
Most of the lanes that were closed due to the break have been reopened. However, one lane will remain closed through the weekend.
The Water Department says a Fairmount Park building nearby lost water. Later in the morning, water was turned off at 15 additional properties while repairs were being made.
During the morning rush hour there were some jams. We're hearing that some drivers tried to escape the traffic by driving over the median, but they were ticketed by police.
The Water Department has not received any reports of property damage due to the break.
water main break, northeast philadelphia, roosevelt boulevard, philadelphia, 6at4, local/state
- Philly to Newark flight forced to make belly landing 27 min ago
- One Fine Friday 32 min ago
- WATCH: Action News Online
- WATCH ABC is available in Philadelphia!
- Man found shot and killed in Wynnefield 56 min ago
- 2 injured in head-on crash along MLK Drive
- 1 winning Mega Millions ticket sold in New Jersey 12 min ago
- Police: Pa. woman served family poison laced burritos 8 min ago
- Wife hid murdered husband, prosecutors say
- Connecticut commuter trains collide; 60 hospitalized 49 min ago
- Driver, passenger hurt in Cheltenham Township crash
- Woman critically injured in Radnor Township house fire
- 3 sought for robbery of 15-year-old
- Dozens of home remedies right in your kitchen
- Man found shot and killed in Wynnefield
56 min ago
- Philly to Newark flight forced to make...
27 min ago
- One Fine Friday
32 min ago
6abc.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos